Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Fourth Train From Wick Welcomed

Default Fourth Train From Wick Welcomed

Politicians are welcoming another train service linking Wick with Inverness and the south. A fourth daily train's been timed to allow travellers from Orkney to get to London in under a day - although this morning's ferry crossings have been disrupted by the weather. Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross MSP Jamie Stone said it is a sign that investment in the railways is being taken more seriously.

Wink train

Quote Originally Posted by Mr P Cannop View Post
    Politicians are welcoming another train service linking Wick with Inverness and the south. A fourth daily train's been timed to allow travellers from Orkney to get to London in under a day - although this morning's ferry crossings have been disrupted by the weather. Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross MSP Jamie Stone said it is a sign that investment in the railways is being taken more seriously.
    what time does it go?
    I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

A new extra train service starts on Monday which links with the first Hamnavoe arrival in Scrabster.

The new service will leave Wick at 8.13am and arrive in Thurso at 8.42am, then head south to reach Inverness at 12.13pm

Think its great news. A further step towards improving links with the south.

I also believe that a full rail service for Wick has resumed again after the recent repairs due to flood damage. (at least I was told it would reopen today when I booked tickets south last week)

Anything that improves the service is a step forward.

well today for me was an absolute joke...

came from edinburgh...then had to be bused from Perth to Inverness then we had missed the connection for the 6pm train north so had to travel in a minibus...fot home at 10pm...

Im tihnking of not leaving thurso for a while...

... and this morning (according to JourneyCheck website) if you want to travel from Glasgow to Inverness you have to go via Aberdeen due to flooding!!!

Weather cant be helped tho, But it is good to see more services running down the line.