Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Shopping Rant!!

Default Christmas Shopping Rant!!

Please someone tell me that I am not the only one to not have completed the pressie shopping? I have stacks of stuff left to get, Argos never have any of what I want in stock, i'm really stressed out, skint and feeling BAHHHH humbug with Christmas atm, why oh why am I never organised! Have got a massive headache, fed up of getting the OUT OF STOCK page, really blinking well cheesed OFF

Sorry but I had to do that
    Wishing on a star, still!

~~Be who you are and say what you want because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind~~

unicorn Guest

Tis' the season to be jolly la la la la la la la la la

I seem to have bought LOADS of presents, but still have LOADS left to get

I get it into my head that I have to spend similar amounts on people - my mum and dad get the same amount spent on them, then my sisters have to be equal, then my brother-in-laws Then what do I do? I've over spent on my mum and 1 sister, so I now have to overspend on my dad and the other sister!!

If its any consolation, its my birthday on 3rd January and my hubby ordered something on internet and was dead chuffed with himself - then they phoned to say it was out of stock, but have taken his money. He changed it to another item and they are out of stock - both times the site have said they had stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Wish View Post
    Please someone tell me that I am not the only one to not have completed the pressie shopping? I have stacks of stuff left to get, Argos never have any of what I want in stock, i'm really stressed out, skint and feeling BAHHHH humbug with Christmas atm, why oh why am I never organised! Have got a massive headache, fed up of getting the OUT OF STOCK page, really blinking well cheesed OFF

Sorry but I had to do that
    Your not the only one Wish, I also have loads of stuff to get and i'm having the same problem with 'out of stock' it's driving me mad. I'm feeling very down at the moment with all this christmas stress.

Always look on the bright side of life,doo doo doo doo doo

Default www.mcallans.com

I have been doing a load of shopping on www.mcallans.com (yes, as in the local shops) - loads of highlandwear stuff and free delivery anywhere in the world. Plus some special Xmas offers, only online.

I have been sending various Scottish items abroad to friends so it has saved me such a lot of hassle! It is good to see a local company out there taking on the likes of Argos and Tesco and offering a better service.

Quote Originally Posted by Flyermonkey View Post
    I have been doing a load of shopping on www.mcallans.com Plus some special Xmas offers, only online.
    Wonder why they only have 'special xmas offers' online and not in their shop for the local people.

krieve Guest

very strange that its only online what about local people doing local shopping?

As far as I know they do have offers in the High Street shops for local people (is the 20% off everything still going?), just the online ones are different. So if you are smart.... you would either buy in the shop or online wherever is cheapest - which was why I pointed it out! Tescos do online only offers as well (ie CDs and DVDs are cheaper online) so its not like McAllans are unique in this. Like I said, I think it is good that someone local is trying to play a bigger and better game, and if we as consumers play it right then everyone wins.

krieve Guest

I have only bought a few presents really struggling to get in the christmas spirt! The kids want the decoration up maybe i should might get in the mood

i have got mine and have wrapped a fair bit. i just like being organised dont like rushing at the last minute. my boys havent said anything about putting the decorations up could be due to the fact that the youngest got a fish tank and is excited cos i got his fish the day.
    no amount of darkness can drive out darkness
    only light can do that.

Glad to see I'm not alone.Somehow this christmas seems to have creeped up on me,keep getting out of stock on line too.
    Decided to postpone the gift giving till next month wonder if anyone will believe me.
    I need it to snow,then it'll be more like christmas.
    I use to get all my kids toys in the local shops here,smellies in the chemist and bits and bobs elsewhere.Seem to remember being less stressed too.
    Thankfully on the mend now and have managed a wee walk but the thought of Inverness shopping is making me tremble at the knees,it'll be heaving this weekend.
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

i know i have loads to do to plus buy cards and write them all out. can't believe it has come round so quick. what is really annoying is when you want 3 for 2 and you can only get 2 out of the 3 in stock. I grudge buying only 2 things and don't want to make it up with something i don't really want!

Done about 80% of my present shopping. The only thing i had a problem with was trying to get the new Nintendo Wii ,As it has sold out on preorder everywhere .
    Other than that its been great .
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

if you are coming to inverness pc world,currys and comet have rows of the wii in stock

Christmas shopping??! Gaaa! I hadn't noticed it was so close - I haven't even begun.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

I havent bought any cards yet or any presents and I am so relaxed and cool about it.............it just hasnt sunk in yet I think. I wont let it stress me though the kids will be getting only one main pressie and some stocking fillers that wont take me long to get.

Quote Originally Posted by gofor View Post
    if you are coming to inverness pc world,currys and comet have rows of the wii in stock
    I think you will find they are empty boxes as they are not out untill friday .
    And they will be sold out if you ask.
    I believe today that my conduct is in accordance with the will of the Almighty Creator. Well thats what i told them while drunk and disorderly.

the shops sell cool stuff,shame about the staff i find inverness alot more friendlier which is why im going down on saturday,at least il get a smile,last year i even got a have a nice xmas after i had bought clothes from the officers club which i thot was nice of them

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    Christmas shopping??! Gaaa! I hadn't noticed it was so close - I haven't even begun.
    Well, here's a suggestion: PM Fluff, find out the phone number for the store where she has something on order and is feeling guilty about getting it somewhere else, phone the manager and offer to buy it. There you are! Who knows what it is, but I am sure that it is nice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast