Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: white christmas

Default white christmas

are we going to have a white christmas this year or is it still going to be like every year the horrible one without snow??

Well, it was a white xmas a couple of years back. I remember because I was walking my dog round the cliff in a blizzard on xmas morning. That was really nice. I don't think it will be a white xmas this year tho. It's too damp and its not really cold enough. I don't think the snow will come until Feb or something.
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix200416 View Post
    Well, it was a white xmas a couple of years back. I remember because I was walking my dog round the cliff in a blizzard on xmas morning. That was really nice. I don't think it will be a white xmas this year tho. It's too damp and its not really cold enough. I don't think the snow will come until Feb or something.

please dont say that lol it is febuary i have to go down to hospital to have my baby's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by funky-dunky View Post
    are we going to have a white christmas this year or is it still going to be like every year the horrible one without snow??
    Remember (I think it was two years ago) we had an amazing flurry of snow a couple of years ago?

I would love that again, it makes Christmas so much more cosy and atmospheric!
    Gordon Mackay http://www.gordonmac.com/

Quote Originally Posted by funky-dunky View Post
    please dont say that lol it is febuary i have to go down to hospital to have my baby's lol.
    Well good luck! And congratulations! I think you'll get down to the hospital ok. The snow was quite late last year.
    *->Stress - This is the confusion created when the mind overides the body's desire to strangle some JERK who desperately needs it<-*

Nobody is Pefect. I am Nobody, therefore I am Perfect

oh yeah! I remember that!

Fingers crossed for this year - you never know!

Well good luck! And congratulations! I think you'll get down to the hospital ok. The snow was quite late last year.

thanks and hope so hope i can get down i have to go down on the 19th feb hope it aint snowing then or when i come home with my twins lol.

Default Sweet Memory

One year, the snow was so bad, we couldn't drive out to my mother-in-laws.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?a...59~Thurso;sess=

Not looking like it from Netweather although forecasting weeks ahead is not accurate. I am sure Tugmistress will keep us up to date nearer the time.

There is a guy down the road from me who, besides selling Christmas trees, is also selling sacks of 'snow' for £20. The front of his garden looks as though someone has gone berserk with a paint sprayer and white paint. Probably won't wash away and his garden sure look as daft as you can imagine.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

we dont get snow like we did years ago. i can remember my dad built me a sledge and i had many a good time on it . jan x
    computer says no ........

Default Snow like we used to get?

Paris you cannot be forgetting last Feb/March already.. Remember all those photos that flowed into the web site - see here http://www.caithness.org/fpb/februar...php?gallery=16
    Last edited by Bill Fernie; 10-Dec-06 at 18:51.

Wasn't it 2 years ago we were practicaly snowed in ?
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Default Earlier snow in Caithness

Lots of weather photos at http://www.caithness.org/atoz/weather/index.htm
    Includes some from 2004 winter.

I would love to have a White Christmas, even if it is just a we all wake up it starts to snow.

I remember we have had a few white Christmas's and wondered is there a pattern?
    For our Son's first Christmas year 2000 it was white, for our Daughter's first Christmas 2002 it was white and when we had our Nephew come live with us in 2004 it was white again.......so is it going to be every second year and make it White again????

PLEASE!!!!!!
    Never frown, cos you never know who will fall in love with your smile!

It was quite late last year..i remember it well...we went to inverness to buy a new car and weather was fine but i was taken by surprise by the snow on the way home and crashed my car due to the snow being very slippy ...very ironic but first vehicle that came to my aid was a gritter (shame it wasn't there few mins earlier.)

shortest time ever to own a new car - 1hr 30mins

i hope we have a white christmas !! it would make xmas even more special

Seaview Flowers, The Harbour, Dunbeath, Caithness, KW6 6EF

snow, more the merrier............

No snow before Christmas please, we're driving home from a visit south on Christmas Eve, and hope for a safe and univentful journey! Dunno if Santa is allowed to delivery to an alternative delivery address without prior written consent!
    WeeBurd.

Hope it does snow, not that it's good news for those of us heading off to family in Inverness but it makes it feel like Christmas. Think of all those Christmas cards with their snowy scenes. There's nothing worse than looking out onto a rainy, widswept landscape when it should be white. I've got my fingers crossed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast