Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Scottish Government rejected Spittal Hill Windfarm. Nobody else.Just the Government.

Default Scottish Government rejected Spittal Hill Windfarm. Nobody else.Just the Government.

Scottish Government rejected Spittal Hill Windfarm. Nobody else. Just the Government.
    Last edited by ywindythesecond; 13-Jun-12 at 22:32. Reason: tried to put a space in the title after else. but it didn't work

Is that it?

No link?

Nothing to back up the statement?
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Yep. That is it.

Is that you speaking up for the SNP and being their number one fan now?

Whichever way you look at it, it certainly kicks into the long grass the notion levelled at the Scottish government that they blindly rubber stamp any wind farm development.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Is that you speaking up for the SNP and being their number one fan now?

Whichever way you look at it, it certainly kicks into the long grass the notion levelled at the Scottish government that they blindly rubber stamp any wind farm development.
    First rejection in four years.

Well here's to many more!

Here's the link to the decision letter on the Government's website. At the bottom there is a further link to the actual report, all 147 pages of it.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Bu...sents/Whatsnew

This decision will give hope to many others fighting large scale wind farm applications in close proximity to homes.

slightly skewing off topic here but i notice all these "wind farm applications" claim to provide a number of jobs for local communities as a bse in which to get the permission through but does anyone actually know of any jobs that have been created for locals?

There have been lots of jobs for locals.....IF you are willing to travel with the firm after the work here is finished,long times away from home,but there for the people who want to do it x
    The nice thing about living in a small place is that if you dont know what you are doing....there's always somebody who does,or thinks they do! x

I have asked this before and I dont think i got a response (or maybe I have forgot) but can someone please articulate the argument against windfarms? It appears to be whinging for whingings sake. Surely its superior to middle east oil and russian gas!
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    I have asked this before and I dont think i got a response (or maybe I have forgot) but can someone please articulate the argument against windfarms? It appears to be whinging for whingings sake. Surely its superior to middle east oil and russian gas!
    Happy to go into more detail weezer, and thanks for the question, but not this late at night. For the moment, and this is not an answer to your question, just consider the point that however ropy it might be in the long run, you could negotiate a deal for a supply of middle east oil or russian gas which will last for a reasonably forseeable period, but you can't tell or influence how much wind generated power will be available at 10.37am on 23rd July 2012 or any other time for that matter, so you have to have a plan B. What is Plan B and how much does it cost?

The answer on this forum is that it might spoil the view from the living room of their expensive houses.

Those that rely on predictability arguments have absolutely no idea what they're talking about....

The arguments against this particular windfarm are articulated beautifully by the Reporter in his report and confirmed by the Scottish Government - see details in link below. Are you calling these people whingers too? Seems to me the whingers are now the ones who can't accept the fact that this was the wrong windfarm in the wrong place.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Bu...sents/Whatsnew

Quote Originally Posted by olivia View Post
    Seems to me the whingers are now the ones who can't accept the fact that this was the wrong windfarm in the wrong place.
    I don't think anyone has said it was the right wind farm in the right place either.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ywindythesecond View Post
    First rejection in four years.
    It's about time !!!

Quote Originally Posted by LIZZ View Post
    Well here's to many more!
    Well said, I'll drink to that, there's far too many already !!!

dont see any windfarms in the back garden of the scottish parliament about time they stopped planting windfarms all over the place lets see the country we all live in its here to be enjoyed by all

I wish they'd just install 100 turbines at causway muir and be done with it.

Lets get them all in one place, together, and supply the nation with the renewable energy as out leaders have promised.

My gripe is not with the windfarms, it is with the haphazard, random, itsy-bity all over the place, wherever there is a substation lets put one, result of poor planning, policy, and a dependance on "make a buck fast" investment that the government has not only allowed, but encouraged.

That and the ridiculous profits the landowners are receiving from the taxpayers pocket.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle