Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Free Champagne

Talking Free Champagne

So lets go for a vote and see how many people will get injured bursting through the Tesco's doors on Monday morning to try and get their free champagne

Or how many people will get injured in the mad dash to be first at the till. {Warning take special care especially around old granny's}

Hope they have the overstreched ambulances on standby. Will go for 8
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Default Free champagne

Guarantee the 'Dundee Streetfighter' will be the first there!

Woke up this morning......nothing on my mind.

Default Have you missed aword?

Quote Originally Posted by footie chick View Post
    Or how many people will get injured in the mad dash to be first at the till. {Warning take special care especially around old granny's}

Hope they have the overstreched ambulances on standby. Will go for 8
    take special care especially around old granny's ....... Granny's what? or have you put in an apostrophe by mistake and got the plural wrong!

maybe the hole place will be empty come opening time, because everybody may have the same idea as me and don't go near the place for the first 2 week's,wouldn't that go down well

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    take special care especially around old granny's ....... Granny's what? or have you put in an apostrophe by mistake and got the plural wrong!
    Sorry didn't realise that the grammar police were on duty
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

Default Mkaes me mad

Quote Originally Posted by footie chick View Post
    Sorry didn't realise that the grammar police were on duty
    It makes me mad when I see people putting the apostrophe all over the place. Next time it is a punishment exercise for you - write out the word properly 1000 times!
    There is a famous instance in Germany when the footballer Paul Lambert put a message on the big screen for the fans and inappropriately used the punctuation - the German crowd knew their English and they laughed and cheered.
    Typos on messages and in e-mails everyone accepts but totally wrong use of the apostrophe is hard to take.

A butcher shop in Thurso advertises Curry's in the window - wonder if means curries or a product from the famous electrical shop.

"Mkaes me mad"

Cattach, is this what you will be writing out 1000 times?

Default U shood reed kerrfully

Quote Originally Posted by Niall Fernie View Post
    "Mkaes me mad"

Cattach, is this what you will be writing out 1000 times?
    Note I said typos were generally acceptable (unless, of course, you are a trained typist). Actually I note very frequent typos on caithness.org but do not complain.

I won't be visiting the new Tesco for a little while after it opens as it will be a nightmare!
    Good job I don't like Champagne!! Wont miss out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cattach View Post
    Note I said typos were generally acceptable (unless, of course, you are a trained typist). Actually I note very frequent typos on caithness.org but do not complain.
    Not everyone is a trained typist or that good at spelling, me being one of them........stop picking holes ! Jan x
    computer says no ........

Okay but what if the first person through the checkout isnt over 18 mmmmm will they or wont they get the bottle?

They could give it to the granny they just trampled over!