Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: free today

Default free today

Free today from amazon for kindle users for one day only

http://www.amazon.co.uk/GONE-WITH-ot...5771141&sr=1-1
    Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

Can't beat a free book, thanks!
    People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will
    never forget how you made them feel.

Thanks very much - have downloaded it, will get round to reading it shortly.
    Pat

This is why I love my Kindle, they have lots of great books for the great price of Zero.

Here is another book Free for today and it looks good.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Dead-Roo...pd_sim_kinc_97
    Last edited by Kodiak; 30-Apr-12 at 11:19.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

In addition to most of the classics and stuff from Gutenberg which are always free. There are lots of other daily deals and freebies out there. They're in the thousands level at least.

freekindlebooks@ereaderiq.co.uk send you a daily list of books, most are free, if you log in a lttle late some have reached the quota for the day and usual price is then noted.
    I have had many great books from this site.

Just downloaded both, thanks for the tip.

What happened to good old fashioned reading? Paper and hardback is our history, not E-books.

Technology is good in some ways, but are we going to ruin our history with all these Kindles, E-books, I pads etc?
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    What happened to good old fashioned reading? Paper and hardback is our history, not E-books.

Technology is good in some ways, but are we going to ruin our history with all these Kindles, E-books, I pads etc?
    You are still reading using any of these devices, I actually find my kindle very easy to read.
    Only problem is that you cant use them on rotary wing aircraft so i still cary a few paper books also.

If you use Facebook this page lists a huge amount of free and cheap books for Kindle every day http://www.facebook.com/#!/UK.KindleTips
    ~*~ Gill ~*~
    Meiklejohns Confectioners, Thurso Street, Wick
    Open every day 8 am - 10.30 pm

My wife enjoys her Nook. Very similar to the Kindle. Me, I'm old fashioned and still read plain ole books.

Here is another site that does free books. If you do a site search, there are loads more. There are some great historic publications here.

Paper, just like many other resources, is becoming more and more expensive (too many needs for it, limited capacity of production). Paper Books will (very) soon become a luxury item.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

Here is another link for free books. The top free books from Amazon are on the right hand side.

What happened to good old fashioned reading? Hand written tablets, scrolls and carved stone is our history. Not paper, hardbacks, bound books and moveable type.