Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Suspended - Helicopter Hero

Thumbs down Suspended - Helicopter Hero

The helicopter crew stopped off in Orkney for some meat...after a training excersise and are suspended since some idiot put it on you-tube no doubt thinking 'what a scoop', I hope he/she's proud of themself. These guys put their lives on the line day in day out surely to heavens it's not a crime to do this as there was no emergency pending, after all didn't our '2nd in line' stop off for 'TEA' at his home with one of our defence 'copters' and he wasn't suspended..so what's good for the goose is surely good for the gander. So what's your oppinion.....remember...no emergency pending and money's squandered elsewhere...like 'duck houses'
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

It's a disgrace - he could have let me know and picked up some of that smoked cheese for me that you can't seem to get in the shops here.

He shouldn't have done it but a bit disproportionate if he has been suspended. A ticking off would have been sufficient.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Smoked Orkney Cheese is available from Caithness Smokehouse they will be at Bower Spring Market on Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by pig whisperer View Post
    Smoked Orkney Cheese is available from Caithness Smokehouse they will be at Bower Spring Market on Sunday
    Brilliant - I love your entrepreneurial opportunism - full marks.

Is it the Grimbister one ?

I agree Rheghead a ticking off would have sufficed, is the chap who did the suspension...snowwhite I wonder, glad we got the 'cheese' bit out of the way tho, thanks for that pig whisperer.
    People who think they know it all....are especially annoying to those of us that do.

Question

Puzzled as to why he needed meat from Orkney...there are butchers in Shetland surely...or was it reestit mutton?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Do you not think it's all about disobeying orders? They are probably using him as an example for others.

Hero! The 'finest' fillet steak eating 'hero' pilot (who is patently overpaid) is just another employee abusing company transport for his obscene £400 personal butchery trips.
    I can understand why his bosses have the beef with him, those machines he obviously jollies about in cost £3000 per hour to run, and just randomly landing in fields is just dangerous in itself, putting livestock at steak.

Just for your info and to stop any malicious gossip, the team WERE on a training exercise at the time, not as the press indicated, plus it was stores for the COASTGUARD STATION that they were picking up, not personal shopping as some have indicated, and as to the presence of livestock non around for some distance, it was a rough landing in a field close to the shoreline, just as they would do if they had to pick up injured or other personel if on a shout. Plus that field was chosen not randomly picked.so if anyone should be suspended it should be the station manager for authorising it, after all I do not think they fly of the radar, and follow traffic control instructions, so this flight must be planned before by management as any deviation of flight plan would send alarm bells ringing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    .... those machines he obviously jollies about in cost £3000 per hour to run ....
    I'm sure he stopped whilst just passing so would have been costing that anyway....
    No different to a van driver stopping to pop into the butchers whilst passing, nothing wrong with that is there?
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Are they part of the armed services? Of what possible value are any comments by me, on their disciplinary code?

My grand-dad said he wouldn't have minded being suspended, when the Germans were trying to gas them.

I really am udderly amazed at all the bleating about this, and he will no doubt get a slap around the chops for this.

Ken yin hoosie on the top o' Spittal Hill,weel it's nae there

Quote Originally Posted by chef4celebrations View Post
    Just for your info and to stop any malicious gossip, the team WERE on a training exercise at the time, not as the press indicated, plus it was stores for the COASTGUARD STATION that they were picking up, not personal shopping as some have indicated, and as to the presence of livestock non around for some distance, it was a rough landing in a field close to the shoreline, just as they would do if they had to pick up injured or other personel if on a shout. Plus that field was chosen not randomly picked.so if anyone should be suspended it should be the station manager for authorising it, after all I do not think they fly of the radar, and follow traffic control instructions, so this flight must be planned before by management as any deviation of flight plan would send alarm bells ringing.
    Well said,it goes to show that some people just don't have any idea the work these chopper crews do,only last week they saved the lives of five fishermen north of Cape Wrath after their boat took fire,i would'nt think the fishermen would grudge them a nice Orkney steak,as you said they were on a training exercise

Quote Originally Posted by sassylass View Post
    Do you not think it's all about disobeying orders? They are probably using him as an example for others.
    Disobeying orders can get one into serious trouble. I can speak from my military experience.

Heavens oldmarine, surely never , you in trouble!!! go on...tell, be a devil...lol xxx

"Hero" or not, he used the company vehicle to go and get some dinner.. and got caught...

They were at Kirkwall airport at the end of an exercise and had the audacity to travel about 3km from said airport to Tankerness (premises of Craigies' Butchers) before returning to Sumburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    They were at Kirkwall airport at the end of an exercise and had the audacity to travel about 3km from said airport to Tankerness (premises of Craigies' Butchers) before returning to Sumburgh.
    Reminds me of the Polish bus driver in Birmingham who used his bus to move a fridge for one of his mates........... while the passengers were still on board!!!
    I think one of the passengers took umbrage at the de-tour and reported him.
    I cant remember what happened to him but I don't think he was sacked!!

C3...........

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Ego View Post
    But it was an unauthorised Moovement!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast