Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lost collie

Exclamation lost collie

Lost collie in muie rogart, red and white collie male, answers to the name Gibb, working collie about a year and a half old escaped from kennel and run.
    sspca, police, munlochy animal aid and dog warden all informed also vets havent heard anything. hes a lovely dog his companion dog was put to sleep last week due to pancreatic failure and gibb has been lonely and pining since.
    hence the great escape. he scaled a 9 foot fence.
    any help appreciated. thanks.

Hope you find him safe and well soon
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum.

unicorn Guest

He must be so confused just now having lost his friend, I hope you get him back safe and well.

Oh jean hope you find him soon.Cant think what else you could do,you informed everyone.
    Would he go to a favourite place that perhapse he went with your other dog you lost recently?
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.

Oh Jean, so sorry to hear this, I hope Gibb finds his way home very soon, thinking of you all xxxx

Jean, have you registered the details with Dogslost?

Also perhaps give some posters out at schools etc x
    Last edited by Wish; 14-Nov-06 at 14:24.
    Wishing on a star, still!

~~Be who you are and say what you want because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind~~

this is Gibb, how do I get on doglost is it a website?
    we have posters up and it was on moray firth radio.
    ive been looking all day no sign at all my OH is worried hes been knocked down on road and hidden and I think hes either wandered off so far hes lost miles of hills and heather here , or hes been stolen. he doesnt have a microchip or a nametag as hes a croft dog.
    we are very worried.

What a lovely dog. I really hope he makes it home soon, safe and well. Thinking of you - please let us all know if you hear anything.

unicorn Guest

well being a working dog, if he has been stolen or gotten a bit lost I am sure he will be smart enough to get home, I just hope he manages by teatime.

Ive registered him with doglost, hes been gone since 2pm yesterday and hes mad for the quad I was all over the hill on it, but no sign even went all the way to lairg looking in the ditches in case he was lying in one. no sign thank goodness there.
    munlochy didnt phone back so I phoned again and actually spoke to a person who doesnt think hes there but will go and check and phone back.
    Its the not knowing thats the worst. I think if he was about he would be back. its horrible but I think hes either been hurt, or taken away by someone.

Hope you find him soon jean, one way or another. jan x
    computer says no ........

Jean, sorry I have been out this afternoon, but glad you found the website, if theres anything I can do, please let me know.

Sending lots of come home vibes to Gib, hope hes back to you soon safe n sound xx
    Wishing on a star, still!

~~Be who you are and say what you want because those that mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind~~

Unhappy

Oh Jean I am so sorry and know how worried you must be! As you said it is the not knowing which is so hard.

I really, really hope that Gibbs turns up safe and well soon. He is a beautiful dog.

Beautiful dog, keeping my fingers crossed he'll turn up safe and sound and soon.

Just had a thought jean, are there any other dogs near to you? maybe someone has a bitch in season and hes gone of to find her. Male dogs have a tendancy to do that from time to time. jan x
    computer says no ........

hi jean i really hope you find your dog soon. its horrible when they go off. mine used to but usually only for a couple of hours max. i shall keep a look out on this side of the strath for you. i am in gordonbush. my mum just lives round the corner form you.
    rogart being such a small community someone must have seen him. have you phoned other police stations, not just dornoch. one of my dogs got picked up just on the road not far from house, she was having her usual walk to herself and the lady took her to her house down the little ferry before she decided to phone seeing who's dog it was.

GIBB has returned v wet and V cold but alive !!! thank goodness . thanks for all best wishes.

Thats great news Jean,
    i love a happy ending
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

Excellent what a relief

So glad to hear that, Jean

Thats great news. You must be so relieved. I'm sure Gibb is going to have a relaxing day today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast