Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Re: Smallest Street in the UK

Default Re: Smallest Street in the UK

Ebenezer Street in Wick is apparently the smallest street in the UK as per the Guiness Book of records (BBCRadio 2 today) something like 25c/ms (?)

Well done Wick
    Culicoides_Impunctatus@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by dpw39 View Post
    Ebenezer Street in Wick is apparently the smallest street in the UK as per the Guiness Book of records (BBCRadio 2 today) something like 25c/ms (?)

Well done Wick
    I think you will find it is Ebenezer Place!!

Default Re: Wick Smallest Street

I sit in place duly corrected. Sorry it was a typo error.

Ciao,
    Culicoides_Impunctatus@hotmail.com

Seems they have changed their minds then, about 23 years ago when I was in Primary school we wrote a letter to Guiness but they said that it wasn't a street because it didn't have two sides.

I saw this on the telly a good few months ago and it was only 1 door of 1 house that was on that street

Good to hear Wick on BBC Radio 4 'today' programme this morning, early doors.

Default Ebenezer Place

Quote Originally Posted by moose and Lindsay View Post
    I saw this on the telly a good few months ago and it was only 1 door of 1 house that was on that street
    Ebenezer Place is actually the end of Mackay's Hotel and the (only) door in Ebenezer Place is No.1, the name of the restaurant/coffee shop/bar there.

I didn't realize it was a hotel, i just remember seeing a door on the telly and i am no use with streets in Wick so i didn't have a clue where it was