Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Typical Right-Wing Press witholding the truth

Default Typical Right-Wing Press witholding the truth

Just to demonstrate that the we only get fed a load of lies from these newspapers. The Sunday Times has attempted to bury all references to an online poll amongst its readership due its editorial stance that showed that 56% supported wind farms. A similar poll in the Daily Mail showed the same result.

http://politicalscrapbook.net/2011/1...mes-wind-farms
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheghead View Post
    Just to demonstrate that the we only get fed a load of lies from these newspapers. The Sunday Times has attempted to bury all references to an online poll amongst its readership due its editorial stance that showed that 56% supported wind farms. A similar poll in the Daily Mail showed the same result.

Your very personal point is?
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

the truth about all this is probably blowing in the wind
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by billmoseley View Post
    the truth about all this is probably blowing in the wind
    Very witty!

How stupid.............of course a high number of people will support wind farms. The reason being they haven't got them near to where they live!! You try and stick a wind farm in their backyard and then watch them squeal!!!!!
    This happens in England all the while!!

C3............

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    How stupid.............of course a high number of people will support wind farms. The reason being they haven't got them near to where they live!! You try and stick a wind farm in their backyard and then watch them squeal!!!!!
    This happens in England all the while!!

C3............
    Sigh.

http://www.bwea.com/ukwed/google.asp
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Why the sigh John?
    You only have to Google to see how many windfarms are challenged in England, people just don't want them near to them but don't mind others suffering them!!!

C3................

Completely different to Scotland then.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    Completely different to Scotland then.
    I think it is in so much as the Protesters seem to have more success in England than we do up here! (that is my own personal view based on news reports read over the last 10 years!)!

C3............

I don't think the newspaper is "feeding us lies" at all.

Choosing not to publish the results of a poll is hardly lying.

There's not many "politically minded" or "scientifically minded" people on here who would offer evidence AGAINST their viewpoint in a debate. Does that make them liars?

There's no such thing as a neutral newspaper. They all have world views and agendas based on, amongst other things, their ownership, editorial team and their readership. Each paper will spin the news to suit their own opinions. Most them won't even try to hide it.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

do what i do read the news from several different sources then take your own view. except what i read on here as i know that is all true.

This type of poll is hardly democratic or scientific and ignores many other issues.
    People living in a metropolitan sprawl are hardly going to notice a few wind turbines parked on their doorstep among a myriad of other tall, unsightly structures. They might actually enjoy having these structures on their skyline. Whereas people living in a scattered rural community with big skies and open countryside are certainly going to notice an ugly scattering of monstrous metal towers.
    While I appreciate the need to stop using fossil fuels and the need for renewable energy I'm very much against the desecration of our countryside at the behest of the moneymen. There has to be another way. Why not arrange them off the coast on the continental shelf where the only people to see them will be ships that pass?
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

maybe we should take a pole on what people think of poles

Quote Originally Posted by Gronnuck View Post
    This type of poll is hardly democratic or scientific and ignores many other issues.
    People living in a metropolitan sprawl are hardly going to notice a few wind turbines parked on their doorstep among a myriad of other tall, unsightly structures. They might actually enjoy having these structures on their skyline. Whereas people living in a scattered rural community with big skies and open countryside are certainly going to notice an ugly scattering of monstrous metal towers.
    While I appreciate the need to stop using fossil fuels and the need for renewable energy I'm very much against the desecration of our countryside at the behest of the moneymen. There has to be another way. Why not arrange them off the coast on the continental shelf where the only people to see them will be ships that pass?
    You are missing the point, the fact is the right wing press are burying articles which don't meet their editorial stance. If it was the other way around then it would be front page news.

Oh you are silly Reggie it seems that the right-wing press is not the same as a right-wing government?
    "The Chancellor and the Chief Secretary to the Treasury today visited Nigg on the Cromarty Firth, where they announced around £100 million of additional funding for Scottish renewable energy," Duh

The Express: Right
    The Mail: Right
    The Telegraph: Right
    The Evening Standard: Right of centre
    The Sun: Right of centre
    The Times: Moderate right of centre
    The Independent: Left of centre
    The Mirror: Left
    The Observer: Left
    The Guardian: Left

You are missing the point, the fact is the right wing press are burying articles which don't meet their editorial stance.
    And the left wing press bury the opposite.

I don't understand the issue.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

You are missing the point, the fact is the right wing press are burying articles which don't meet their editorial stance. If it was the other way around then it would be front page news.
    Maybe, just maybe the right wing press realised the poll had more holes in it than a colander and decided not to publish!
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    And the left wing press bury the opposite.

I don't understand the issue.
    When it comes to climate change and renewable energy then the left wing press do not bury the facts and truth, so the beef is really with the right wing press.

When it comes to climate change and renewable energy then the left wing press do not bury the facts and truth, so the beef is really with the right wing press.
    I didn't know it was a left or right issue.

I really would like to observe the reaction to a planning application for a wind turbine on Arthur's Seat and a couple more along the edge of Salisbury crags. How would Eck play it?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast