Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Its not easy

Default Its not easy

Not easy to get a chip shop open in Wick, Wednesday 21st December, tried Houstons, Harbour and Henrietta shops at 7.30pm to find none open, anyone know when opening hours are ?

I know there all shut, and they wonder why people go to the Chinese and Indians etc, its probably due to the fact that its only take aways that are open. I remember Elizabeths used to stay open until late at the weekends and about 10 during the week and there was always someone in the place, they did a roaring trade, the trade is there but no one seems to want to open!!!
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

Houstons are open till 6 sun mon tues and weds and till thurs fri and sat x

Its the same as always...
    If there was a chippy open when visiting time was finished at the hospital, I think they would have made a killing....
    As it was my hubby made dowith sugar sarnies till I came home...

the chipper on bridge street tried to stay open late for a while but found after 8pm they had nobody come in

i work in houstons and after 7 on thurs fris and sats most weeks it is pretty much dead so any later than 8 wud be a waste of time xxxxxxxx

but something open after the hosp visiting hours would be a godsend......anything...hubbys who cant cook/wont cook will be catered for there!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    but something open after the hosp visiting hours would be a godsend......anything...hubbys who cant cook/wont cook will be catered for there!
    I agree but if they stay open on the off chance they wud maybe make no money cannot just be open incase overheads too high x

But on the flip side of the coin...
    If they had a skeleton staff on and the people knew they were actually open ..maybe they would get busy at that time and need more staff..
    Or have a chance at opening at "pub closing time" and capture the hungry drinkers then..

i'm no expert in chippie footfall but i'm assuming that if there were enough customers to make it financially viable then surely they would be open.

takeaways can operate outwith chippy times cos they have lower overheads and their food is mostly made to order.

i'll happily wait for a chinese or indian to be cooked, but for some reason, i expect a chippy to have a king rib supper ready and waiting !!

\A good chippie makes to order everytime!#

Its then cooked fresh and is hot.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    \A good chippie makes to order everytime!#

Its then cooked fresh and is hot.....
    show me a chippie that does that and i'll show you an empty chippie.

Ashvale in aberdenshire...won countless awards and the sit in bit is always full unless you book!

Every time Ive gone to a chippie in wick its always cooked to order. They may have sausages reds etc ready at lunchtimes for the rush or at tea time but nearly always cooked to order.
    The world is a system its only how you work the sytem that counts...............

The chippie by the harbour always cooks the fish as ordered and most of the other things too. I find that he is also best best chippie in town. Food good and polite service. Always go there now instead of Henrietta's

Wick chippies have never been the same since Peachey`s closed...................
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

chippies up here are to expensive went to norfolk got a huge helping of fish and chips for £4.00 and the fish was fresh this was in august this year and they are a fishing village like here