Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Schools closed Friday

Default Schools closed Friday

Heard on Moray Firth Radio that primary schools are all closed tomorrow in wick, Castletown and Miller Academy in Thurso.

castletown and millar closed,3 bears closed,thurso college closed to students. so far
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Heard on Moray Firth Radio that primary schools are all closed tomorrow in wick, Castletown and Miller Academy in Thurso.
    Don't the schools not normally close on Saturday's then?

Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I guess teachers like days off as much as the rest of us, especially when they've just had to make do with only two weeks off - just a few weeks after having had 7 weeks off - then two days "training" which have to be done in term time for some reason.

I know, I know - it the Education Dept which calls it, but it does seem strange. And I suppose if I'm honest, if I had to teach some of the pathetic excuses for humanity which wander through Kirkwall's streets throwing chips and litter at each other and swearing at the tops of their voices, and I couldn't thump the little sods, I'd probably need 7 weeks off too.

krieve Guest

So are all the primary schools in wick shut then haven't heard on mfr yet?

all schools in wick open at the moment
    beauty is in the eye of the beerholder!

I thought ye had left school Krieve

krieve Guest

Quote Originally Posted by willowbankbear View Post
    I thought ye had left school Krieve

sadly yes i have left school bear

Quote Originally Posted by jaykay View Post
    Don't the schools not normally close on Saturday's then?
    yes, but its not saturday lol, its friday

[quote=j4bberw0ck;151836]Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I guess teachers like days off as much as the rest of us, especially when they've just had to make do with only two weeks off - just a few weeks after having had 7 weeks off - then two days "training" which have to be done in term time for some reason.

i don't know about the other schools that are closed today but Miller is closed because of flood damage to corridors, some cloakrooms and classrooms, aswell as the footbridge to mount vernon has been deemed unsafe by police

Quote Originally Posted by j4bberw0ck View Post
    Forgive me if this sounds cynical but whenever there's a problem during the latter half of the week, the schools close on a Friday. I
    Castletown Schools boiler room is flooded.