Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Is anyone else having problems with Sky?

Default Is anyone else having problems with Sky?

My Sky seems to have gone on the blink, dish is still there but receiving no signal to box just wondering if anyone else having same probs or maybe my dish as moved?

Yeah, tends to happen when the wind gets up like tonight
    http://itqueries.com/

Mines been off since teatime in Aberdeen.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

just had another look and I think a roof tile may of hit the dish bloody, thing is on the lea-side of the wind too........will venture out now while dry and try and get a signal.

Quote Originally Posted by adi1 View Post
    ....will venture out now while dry and try and get a signal.
    Remember Rod Hull....
    Learn from those who went before....
    “We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine....
    And the machine is bleeding to death."

Mine went off last night and is still off now, no sign of damage anywhere.

All I can say is that we have had no problems with SKY at all. Perhaps your dish has been blown out of allignment and this has made you lose your signal.

Have a word with Moonboots here at the org as he is a SKY Installer and I am sure he would be able to give you some advice.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

I'd been having problems too - might have had something to do with no leccy

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKAL View Post
    I'd been having problems too - might have had something to do with no leccy
    Very witty!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Well my telly went on a wee "trip" the other night.......nothing to do with high winds or lack of electricity !

I switched on to watch "recorded" programmes from "Sky+" and all I got was, either "Clashed", "Not Recorded" or "Failed".......

Now considering that "said programmes" were worth "gold".....I was kinda upset (sorry to the cat........ !)

After a few wee "choice wordies" I settled down to "see what I could do" (Brilliant TV technician that I am.........)
    Mmmmmm......nope, that "button" doesn't help..........mmmmmm.........nope, that "button" causes a completely blank screen.........nope, that "button" is definetley "dead"......

So this is what I ended up doing...................

GOING TO MY BED ABSOLUTELY FIZZING MAD !!!!!!!!

Thanx Kodiak for your kind words.

Anyway yes the high winds have caused alot of problems with aerials and satellite systems (loss of signal, falling down etc)
    Basically theres nothing much which can be done apart from the dish/aerial getting re-aligned.

For Sky - If your dish has moved and lost its signal, you will not be able to watch recordings or record, The box needs a signal to authorise the Sky+ features.

If you are subscribed to Sky then give them a phone and you might get the dish fixed for free. If not then call an installer who would be able to come out once the wind calms down _ Beware!!!! they will be busy though and thats including myself.

Sorry for not having better news.
    Lost all your TV channels!!!
    Updated Digital Switchover FAQ's and Connection Wizard
    www.pr-electrical.com

we have to remove the power lead from the back of the box and reconnect it after a minute or so when ours messes up try that first...it resets your box channels etc...hope this helps.