Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Assistance to be denied!

Default Social Assistance to be denied!

Word from Europe////
    Social Assistance is to be denied to those who are involved in the Occupy Wave....
    If they can protest all day they can get a job!

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    Word from Europe////
    Social Assistance is to be denied to those who are involved in the Occupy Wave....
    If they can protest all day they can get a job!
    I am for that Sandy........making the centre of Edinburgh look like a tinks camp
    Last edited by golach; 20-Nov-11 at 01:02.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

What gets me is that these people who 'occupy' are mostly on Social Assistance and the homeless who are there for a good meal.
    They live in unsanitary conditions and won't let other people enjoy the parks and adjacent grounds.
    The sincere ones are there for what we all know is Corporate greed but this is not going to solve anything....There must be another way!

Our 'Occupy Lot' in Toronto are now marching to 'Evict' the Mayor of the City, who is trying to do exactly what they want and eliminate the Corporate Greed.. He is cutting back on perks for Officials.....Honestly they give the people who want real change a bad name.
    Anyway it won't be too long before it's 10 & 20 below zero.....
    Last edited by sandyr1; 20-Nov-11 at 04:15.

but yet in america where it was kicked off this is what the protectors and peace keepers are doing about it..
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us...html?hpt=us_c1
    if the UK had to deal with what the american people do.. i can understand the protests... but the British have so much here!
    http://itqueries.com/

One isolated incident...So glad you are happy.

Quote Originally Posted by brandy View Post
    .. but the British have so much here!
    Never thought I would see the day when I see an American being jealous of us Brits.

i wouldnt say jealous, but having lived in both countries i cant express how much better off the British people have it as a whole. and as a one off incident.. check out youtube.. you will find its really not.
    i love my adopted country and think that i am trully blessed to be able to live here.

The difference between the US/ North America and the UK is the population. NA has close to 400 million people compared to the UK at 55 million.
    Am a little surprised that B would put that pic/video up.
    These were as I understand it, Campus Police who can be said to be 'less than well trained'.
    And to highlight 'one' incident is 'less than fair'.
    The US have no more probs that you see in Week or Kaitness ..... or Inverness, as I saw a few months ago!

Oh ma Gawd.. Now Youtube has taken over from Facebook! Ohhhhh Deary me!
    You can get on Youtube whatever you want/...............

And I have also lived in 3 Countries and perhaps the 'customs' are a bit different, but there are good and bad around the World!..

Maybe another 'cop hater'!
    Last edited by sandyr1; 20-Nov-11 at 16:20.

def. not a cop hater, umm wonder how you got that from my post?
    i do not like the way that so called power corrupts those with authority.
    i could tell you horror stories from back home, how the general populace are more afraid of the police
    than the bad guys.
    i can also tell you stories of how cops ive known have gone beyond the call.. to do things to help those who never even asked, yet needed.
    there are good and bad every where.. but the video i put on above was to highlight, a very common problem that you get between police and protesters back home.
    i saw a video the other day where a marine gave living heck to a whole group of NYPD finest. he was in uniform and laid into them for what they were doing to the protesters, and
    it was strange to see a whole group of armed offices head bowed caught like children being bad, while getting a huge dressing down.

Yup...my comment answered.....The American Police are 'Not' bad/ go live in a non Democratic Country and you will learn to love your enforcement people.

i wouldnt say jealous, but having lived in both countries i cant express how much better off the British people have it as a whole. and as a one off incident.. check out youtube.. you will find its really not.
    i love my adopted country and think that i am trully blessed to be able to live here.
    Having lived and worked in your country and sailed the world to many others, I do not necessarally agree with you Brandy, I see no harm in the way police treat demonstrators such as those in California and in Oakland.
    We saw in the UK in June in London, Manchester ect what happens when the Police wear kid gloves, my thoughts are with the police, they are damned if the do and damned if the dont.

but yet in america where it was kicked off this is what the protectors and peace keepers are doing about it..
    http://edition.cnn.com/2011/11/19/us...html?hpt=us_c1
    if the UK had to deal with what the american people do.. i can understand the protests... but the British have so much here!
    I watched the video, and I can only conclude that the campus police were guilty of a massive over-reaction. The students were sitting motionless, how can they have caused a safety issue? The other students just seemed to be watching.

UC Davis is one of the top public universities in the United States, its students are future leaders of the USA, the protestors were surely not rioters! American Campus Police usually deal with low level issues, so I would bet in this case that they were out of their depth, and they (or perhaps just one officer) made a massive error of judgement.

The University Chancellor has defended the campus police in public. I predict that she will not have much support from her peers, and she will be forced to resign sooner rather than later.

Brandy....Power, however it may manifest itself is inclined to 'corrupt'.
    Fortunately, in all walks of life, be it....Business, Politics or the Polis, it is quite few and far between. My objection to your Graphic example of the Pepper Spray is that out of all the S........... that Law Enforcement takes at these Demos one bad example is given!....And it is not Mace or CS Gas, it is finely ground Cayenne Pepper, which really does not hurt one at all.. just a bit of eye watering. I have experienced it as I have the Gas, and there is no comparison.
    Police, Bye Law Enforcement, Sanitary people etc etc are tied up with this and as always the Real Criminals are 'doing their thing'...whatever that may be.
    My previous post shows that in Toronto they are now going after the Mayor of the City, who is the one trying to do away with excess spending.

Yes they are probs but this type of action does no good to anyone...
    Generally they are damned if they take them out of the Parks and they are damned if they leave them there....I think it was Vancouver where they left them and a woman died of a Drug Overdose..so the Cops are blamed for allowing that.
    Perhaps I am a wee bitty biased but I have 'been around the block', perhaps a bitty like Golach, and altho' I don't agree with everything that is done by everyone, we have to support the status quo....or else..................

And SIS you may be correct... They may never have seen anything like this/ Campus Polis are not used to anything like this....and everyone thinks differently about these issues...on the other hand there may, as in some cities, people on the other side who want them out. And by sitting there and the other side demanding they leave, confrontations have arisen whereby, 'Force may be used to combat a Breach of the peace'..
    That is Common Law/ guess where we got that....Britain!
    Last edited by sandyr1; 20-Nov-11 at 18:20.

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    And SIS you may be correct... They may never have seen anything like this/ Campus Polis are not used to anything like this....
    Yes, they probably haven't seen anything like that - on the campus, at least. American campus police do the job that university/company security do in this country. They run the CCTV, they police the cycle paths, they dish out parking tickets - and they give on the spot fines for not coming to a complete stop at a Stop sign on empty campuses at 3am. Yes, this happened to a friend!

The officer who sprayed the students is finished at UC Davis - because no one will respect him - and if (as I suspect) he was not justified in his actions, I hope he (or whoever gave the order to spray) is charged with a serious offence.

Has winter come to Canada yet? When is your next Florida trip?

Firstly Winter is somewhere, but it is 15/60 degs today and has bee quite warm for the past few weeks.
    But rest assured it is somewhere out there. The West has been taking a hammering but the 4 Seasons is what makes Canada.

A thought from another source.
    Many parks have trees/ shrubs/plaques honoring people of all ilk....and it seems a park in Toronto where the Occupy group are occupying is no exeption!
    So this man goes down to the park every Sunday to tend the tree that was planted in his wife's memory severel years ago, and finds himself nearly ankle deep in Urine and other bodily fluids. Both from dogs and Humans!
    He's a Tad upset that such desecration of his Wife's memory. Do you blame him...And secondly the bandits and thieves are making a comeback due to the huge numbers of Police being tied up with 'Occupy'.

Yes Florida.....sooner than later!

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    The officer who sprayed the students is finished at UC Davis - because no one will respect him - and if (as I suspect) he was not justified in his actions, I hope he (or whoever gave the order to spray) is charged with a serious offence.
    Oh you are SO prophetic http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-15809742
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

i could tell you horror stories from back home, how the general populace are more afraid of the police
    than the bad guys.
    Brandy, I strongly disagree with your statement. As one of the general populace, I can assure you I have never been fearful of the police here and I have never personally heard anyone say they are or have been afraid.

[QUOTE=brandy;905751]def. not a cop hater, umm wonder how you got that from my post?
    i do not like the way that so called power corrupts those with authority.
    than the bad guys.

I just read Margaret M's comment and then re-read yours.....Am Amazed Brandy... Of course, perhaps certain areas and lifestyles may have precipitated these thoughts!

Perhaps a SURVEY of those on the org...Please comment on the Brandy's statement.
    Last edited by sandyr1; 22-Nov-11 at 21:53.

i see that the neg part of the post has been quoted, but the positive part ignored.
    your right sandy it could very well be a lifestyle and area thing.. it usually is the lower class and poor who find it harder.
    demographically, i come from a very poor state that has a lot of cowboy law enforcement.
    an example i can give you off the top of my head.. a young man that our family knew called emergency services for help.. he was talking about killing himself.. the police came out in force.stopped at the bottom of the drive, he walked out with a knife.. and they shot him 6 times in the chest and head as his mom and dad watched. i was pulled over for speeding one night, going 45 in a 35 zone at about 2am.. btw i knew most of the local cops as i worked in the 24hr shop they all came to for coffee....i was 20 years old had never been pulled in my life and scared to death.. the first officer was very nice.. older man.. asked for my licence and reg. no sooner had he said that, a young cop.. flys up in his car.. jumps out pulls his gun and puts it to my face. i could not even blink i was so scared. the older officer finally got him to put his gun away and move his car from the road.. and to tell you the truth.. im in shock at this stage.. shaking, crying and trying to find my licence and registration. the older cop.. just shakes his head and says .. dont worry about it.. and to feel free to sit there on the side of the road until im ok to drive. then leaves me.. middle of the night, in shock, alone on the side of a road with a pat on the hand.. saying lesson learned be a good girl.
    saying that, the towns sherrif is still a friend on my facebook... my aunt speaks to him daily
    went to church with half the police force,
    and a several of my friends from school are in some form of law enforcement.. including a couple of my brothers who work for the police as private detectives.
    so no..dont hate cops.. but do have a healthy fear of them.

just out of curiosity sandy.. the post i made about being good and bad cops.. what makes it a terrible post? because i didnt stand up and say.. all men and women in law enforcement are outstanding citizens? i do understand its a very hard job, and it eats away at people to have to do the hard things they do. dosent mean they are all beyond reproach. they are people just like everyone else.
    also, did want to comment on your post about pepper spray being harmless.. its not you know. it has even proved fatal in some cases.
    this is just the def. of it and a list .. nothing graphic..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pepper_spray

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast