Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Query on wheelie bins..

scrapydoo Guest

Default Query on wheelie bins..

Just wondering if anyone knows how many people should be living in a household before you are provided a second bin by the council?

Could it be six I think

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post
    Could it be six I think
    That's what i thought but i'm sure the council will say it's more.

Its 6 down here in Lincs. jan x
    computer says no ........

Thumbs down

You can buy an extra one, a bit drastic I know. Bout £25 or so they charge

caithnessboyagee Guest

just steal your neighbors one .

I could do easily, she never takes it in lol

For a while there the kids in certain streets in Wick were setting fire to them for fun cant imagine what sort of pleasure that gave but sure annoying for the folks who needed to get rid of their rubbish.

Default Six for a Bin

I've contacted the council a number of times and been told you require more than five inhabitants (so why not say six?) before you can get a second bin.
    There are five in our household so I offered to pay for an additional bin but they wouldn't have it.
    Trying to recycle as much as I can.
    If you manage to obtain a second bin they will uplift it anyway.
    You just have to depend on someone not grassing you.
    (I know the brown bin's for the grass)

My sister works in the council & has advised that is is 6 people to get a 2nd wheelie bin but if you do get yourself a 2nd wheelie bin there is no guarantee that the council will uplift from this bin.

you have to have 6 living in the house,and you may even be asked for proof that there is 6 living there.
    i know for a fact that if their are two wheelie bins out the binmen WILL lift them
    Last edited by Billy Boy; 21-Oct-06 at 11:29.

Not sure how many inhabitants you need for a 2nd bin but I was having a clear out and since my friend was away on holiday I was going to use her bin too as she only stayed a few doors away. Before I did I thought I'd best check with the council and asked if it was OK for me to put both bins out at my door. I was told a definate NO. What difference 100 yards made I just can't understand.
    BTW Mr & Mrs Billy Boy, it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.
    They might even empty the bin afterwards

There are 6 of us and both bins get collected ok, i got my second bin when there were only 5 of us, due to the fact one of the children wore nappys.

This is a sore subject for us. We are paying council tax on 2 properties (1 is derelict and 1 is temporary accomodation on site) and the council have told us that if we want a wheelie bin for the 2nd property then we're gonna have to pay for it! Wot a cheek - I thought that we were already doing that by paying council tax??????
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

I used to have trouble with my wheelie bin overflowing every week and having to put out black bags (you were allowed 2 extra bags) Now that we have so much facilities for recycling I must admit my bin is never full. There is heaps of stuff able to be recycled. I am sure if you made the effort you would notice a big difference to your bin. There are 5 in my house and I never would have believed it until I started recycling myself. Give it a go....
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy View Post
    i know for a fact that if their are two wheelie bins out the binmen WILL lift them
    Mr and Mrs Billy Boy are right;
    The binmen do not have a list of who has two bins, we lift the bins that are on our run unless we have been instructed otherwise.

Jings, Im talking about work on my day off.

Default Query on wheelie bins

I hope you are not talking rubbish mrcameron lol

Could do with another wheelie bin here some weeks, specially christmas time

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    BTW Mr & Mrs Billy Boy, it very much depends who the binmen are as to wither they'll be obliging or not.

depending on where you live lol, i might be your binman & i am always obliging & if you speak really nice to me i will even lift yer bins

B.T.W never phone the rent office always speak direct to the binmen as you will get more satisfaction that way lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast