Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drink and Driving

Default Drink and Driving

Please help me settle an argument.
    I say that if you have 2 or 3 pints of lager between 6 and 11pm, you are over the limit driving early the next morning. Am I right or wrong?
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

The latter.

Have a few more. You'll drive better.

The simple answer is that everybody's different.

BUT, as a rule of thumb I believe that, once drinking has stopped, it takes 1 hour to lose one unit of alcohol.

SO, based on that, 3 pints is 7-8 units, if drinking is stopped at 11pm they should be ok to drive by 7am.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Plus, depending on your size and metabolism, you probably have 3 or 4 units "in hand" anyway before you get to the limit.

Theone has got it right, but, if in doubt , do not drink at night

Also depends on if you are male or female. Women metabolize alcohol at a slower rate and are generally smaller than men, so the same ammount of alcohol will take longer to be eliminated (and have more serious health effects) than in a man.
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

If i had 2 pints in 5 hours i'd drive at 11.

If I have 5 pints in two hours I can't find the car

ave a skin full and 90per sent of caithness might drive better,, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Fran View Post
    Please help me settle an argument.
    I say that if you have 2 or 3 pints of lager between 6 and 11pm, you are over the limit driving early the next morning. Am I right or wrong?
    From my experience, I suggest that it is not wise to drive after drinking alcohol. If you have an accident, you could be faulted for the drinking.

Well i'm alright, I don't drink.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Quote Originally Posted by _Ju_ View Post
    Also depends on if you are male or female. Women metabolize alcohol at a slower rate and are generally smaller than men, so the same ammount of alcohol will take longer to be eliminated (and have more serious health effects) than in a man.
    I beg to differ. Most of the women here are twice or three times the size of men.
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by teddybear1873 View Post
    I beg to differ. Most of the women here are twice or three times the size of men.
    Stop peeking through the screen teddybear, its rude don't ya know.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I love this comment. I think it's a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Lol, When I mean here, I don't mean on the org. I mean here here, as in the Deep South.

Just want to clarify that. Don't want the ladies on here after my blood
    Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.

When it comes to Drinking and Driving I believe that the Law should be changed.

It should be changed to a Zero Tolerance one. In other words no alcohol at all. So No Drinking if you are Driving.

This way there will ne argument if you have had a Drink the night before and if you still have some alcohol in your Blood then you would be over the Limit.

If you want to Drive Do Not Drink and if you want to Drink Do Not Drive, Simples.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    When it comes to Drinking and Driving I believe that the Law should be changed.

It should be changed to a Zero Tolerance one. In other words no alcohol at all. So No Drinking if you are Driving.

This way there will ne argument if you have had a Drink the night before and if you still have some alcohol in your Blood then you would be over the Limit.

If you want to Drive Do Not Drink and if you want to Drink Do Not Drive, Simples.
    This would cause even more arguments in court. Thats why it won't be introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by david View Post
    This would cause even more arguments in court. Thats why it won't be introduced.
    Why would it cause more argument in Court.

If there is alcohol in the Blood, no matter how little, then that person is Guilty of Driving while being over the Limit which is zero. If the Person has no alcohol in their Blood then they are not Guilty.

No argument at all, fairly straight forward I would say and Simple.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    Why would it cause more argument in Court.

If there is alcohol in the Blood, no matter how little, then that person is Guilty of Driving while being over the Limit which is zero. If the Person has no alcohol in their Blood then they are not Guilty.

No argument at all, fairly straight forward I would say and Simple.
    Alcohol in the blood is an entirely different matter than alcohol in the breath.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast