Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lybian Spring and my idea for helping to boost their economy

Default Lybian Spring and my idea for helping to boost their economy

Now, once it is safer, how about revolutionary tourism.

Is there anyone here who doesn't want to have a go at shooting a 20mm quad cannon or an F16 rocket pod from the back of a Toyota Hilux?
    Last edited by ducati; 21-Oct-11 at 07:45.

I think the investments in their oil by British and French based companies (amongst others) will be more than enough to give them a boost.

I like your idea though.
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I think the investments in their oil by British and French based companies (amongst others) will be more than enough to give them a boost.

I like your idea though.
    Pity about the Russians and Chinese - but they had their chance..
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I still worry about some elements in Lybia taking over the country.

Just to point out Lybia is a very different meaning to Libya.

I once heard a man who I used to work with say Libya could have been the Norway of Africa. If that doesnt make Gaddafi a war criminal then nothing does!

I suppose it still could yet be the norway of Africa if it plays its cards right
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Quote Originally Posted by weezer 316 View Post
    I once heard a man who I used to work with say Libya could have been the Norway of Africa. If that doesnt make Gaddafi a war criminal then nothing does!

I suppose it still could yet be the norway of Africa if it plays its cards right
    How? Libya doesn't have fjords....

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    How? Libya doesn't have fjords....
    With the money they'll get from oil then I'm sure they could affjiord to build some.

I'll get my coat...

Quote Originally Posted by joxville View Post
    With the money they'll get from oil then I'm sure they could affjiord to build some.

I'll get my coat...
    I already got your coat here waiting for you haha!
    There are basically 3 type of people in this world, those who can count and those who cant

Does anyone have Slartibartfast's phone number? I recall him being particularly proud of what he did for Norway - perhaps he'd like to have another go in the Med.

Quote Originally Posted by secrets in symmetry View Post
    Does anyone have Slartibartfast's phone number? I recall him being particularly proud of what he did for Norway - perhaps he'd like to have another go in the Med.
    Eh? he's a fictional character silly!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

Surely it would be war crimes that would make him a war criminal.........
    Patriotism is when love of your own people comes first; Nationalism, when hate for people other than your own comes first.

- Charles de Gaulle

It's not over in Lybia yet. Wait until the new regine takes over and I'm certain it will get worse for the Western world including GB and the USA.

Libya is a very rich country indeed - if they can use the billions stashed away by Gadaffi.

And the new government will be very well disposed to the west.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

The NTC should try http://www.mylostaccount.org.uk and enter Muammar Gaddafi in the search engine.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
    Courage to change the things I can,
    And wisdom to know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by oldmarine View Post
    It's not over in Lybia yet. Wait until the new regine takes over and I'm certain it will get worse for the Western world including GB and the USA.
    Marine why does it matter about the western world? Dont you think these people deserve to decide who runs their affairs?

This us and them mentality in the west is what causes divisions in the world, not the rebels.

Marine why does it matter about the western world? Dont you think these people deserve to decide who runs their affairs?

This us and them mentality in the west is what causes divisions in the world, not the rebels.
    It depends on whom takes over. There are people whom are hostile to GB and the USA. If they take over this government, look for more problems ahead for all of us. If that's what you want, that's what you will get. I'm surprise that's what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by spurtle View Post
    Just to point out Lybia is a very different meaning to Libya.
    Can you enlighten us?

I have never come across the word Lybia....

Edited to add:

I found it! Lybia

Interesting.
    Last edited by secrets in symmetry; 23-Oct-11 at 13:46.

It depends on whom takes over. There are people whom are hostile to GB and the USA. If they take over this government, look for more problems ahead for all of us. If that's what you want, that's what you will get. I'm surprise that's what you want.
    What I was concerned about happened. The new leader has declared Lybia an Islamic state with Sharia law. That will make them very unfriendly with GB and the USA unless those two countries are willing to use Sharia law.

Exclamation

What I was concerned about happened. The new leader has declared Lybia an Islamic state with Sharia law. That will make them very unfriendly with GB and the USA unless those two countries are willing to use Sharia law.
    I don't know where you are getting your info from Oldmarine, but there is no new leader.

Democratic elections are scheduled for next June to decide the way forward for a Democratic Libya.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-15422262

Perhaps Fox News is mischief making?
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast