Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: My new Union card...

Default My new Union card...

I have no feelings of loyalty or of high opinion for my professional association. They let me down rather badly some years ago in a dispute with my employer. After that, the only reason I stayed in the union was to safeguard my pension.

The moment I was sure that all was in order I wrote an email to the union telling them I was resigning.

I also cancelled my standing order.

This morning I received a letter addressed to Mr Resigned.

Enclosed was a new membership card with my name which is now Resigned Resigned.

My brain hurts....
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

John, that is a good example of what is wrong with many so-called institutions born to protect the worker. They are not interested in your welfare; just want to keep their jobs. Somebody somewhere glanced at your letter and put it in a system where eventually somebody somewhere in another office got a row for having too full an in-tray and did something about it!

You've now seen the result.... and I bet no-one will be able to trace the perpetrator.

P.S. Will you be using your new membership card?

I love that, Best laugh I jave had for ages,

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

You will just have to resign yourself that you are now Mr.Resigned.......or resign yourself just a Little!!!

C3................

But if Little resigned and is now Resigned Resigned, can Resigned Resigned now resign- even a little?
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Yes, if Resigned Resigned resigned, even a little, he would then be resigned - but just a little!

Oh dear, I think I'll get my coat......

You must resign yourself to it...
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    I have no feelings of loyalty or of high opinion for my professional association. They let me down rather badly some years ago in a dispute with my employer. After that, the only reason I stayed in the union was to safeguard my pension.

The moment I was sure that all was in order I wrote an email to the union telling them I was resigning.

I also cancelled my standing order.

This morning I received a letter addressed to Mr Resigned.

Enclosed was a new membership card with my name which is now Resigned Resigned.

My brain hurts....
    I guess it is a Union Official with a sense of humour - he is resigning anyway so let's have bit of fun!

I would love to think that you are right...

In fact I hope you are.
    D'oH! My brain hurts...

This is probably the result of some poorly educated minimum wage data entry person working to a quota.
    I really hate being bipolar. It's awesome!!!

A while back my Dad needed his car MOT'd. He phoned the garage and asked to book his car in. "Sorry, I didn't catch that" was the reply. "My car in, for an MOT," said Dad. Aah, that was fine, date and time duly arranged. When Dad took the car to the garage, he was asked for his name, then told "Oh, we don"t have anybody of that name booked in." Dad assured them he was there at the right date and time, only to be told that the booking was for a Mr McCarrin........ Mr McCarrin for an MOT!!