Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Council House Transfer

Default Council House Transfer

I've been reading some interesting stuff about the proposed housing transfer if it gets the go ahead. If you live in a council house you might want to take a look. There is a website - www.HAST2006.org.uk . I picked up a leaflet in a shop and it prompted me to find out more. Apparently there is a lot of apathy from tenants who probably won't use the vote.

Wasnt that group, HAST, discredited recently for using false information to put people off the idea of stock transfer?

Not sure, I threw out all the literature that came in the post and now I'm thinking I should use my vote. I was thinking of it in terms of say 10 years from now if the stock transfers? what would it be like etc

Im not sure either but in the opposite of what you said what happens over the next ten years if we dont transfer??

The council dont do a lot of proactive maintenance just reactive when its all gone wrong

I think i am edging towards voting for transfer as it cant be worse than the status quo

Scottish Borders Council did the same a few years back, when all their housing stock transferred to the Scottish Borders Housing Association (SBHA). They are now able to do major modernisation and regeneration over the next 8 - 10 years. This wouldn't have been possible had it stayed with the Council.
    engiebenjy

Just heard on the news tonight Stirling council tenants voted no.
    I do feel Highland council tenants are being black mailed
    Never judge someone until you have walked two moons in their moccasins.

Native American Indian saying.