Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Sports Favourite

Post Sports Favourite

This is Laurandy day centre here. Looking for a copy of the Sports Favourite which was a popular leaflet printed maybe 65 years ago and sold on the street on a Saturday night. The paper contained banter about goings on and individuals but without the mention of names. It was common at the time to say "watch out or you will be in the Sports Favourite"
    Many of the people attending the centre remember the Sports Favourite and it would be great to have a copy if there is one out there.
    The late Donnie Mackay newsagent used to sell the paper on a Saturday night as a young lad.
    Search your attic folks.

Maggiejo

I'm fairly sure we donated a copy of the 'Sports Favourite' to the Heritage Centre following the death of my aunt, who was a relative of the printer. Perhaps they could photocopy it for your centre.

Post sports favourite

Thanks Betty for this information. I will get in touch with the heritage centre.
    I know some older people at the centre would enjoy seeing the paper again.

Maggiejo

Maggiejo - there's mention of a copy of the paper here...

http://www.caithness.org/community/m...exes/plist.htm

P370, near the bottom of the page.

Default sports favourite

To Tiger Jones

Thanks for the information. I will try the Library for the sports Favourite.

maggiejo