Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Feeding Your Children Meat Is Child Abuse

Default Feeding Your Children Meat Is Child Abuse

This is the latest from the animal rights activists. Personally I dont think it's the meat that is making children obese, I think it's more to do with the sweets, fizzy drinks and processed food that they are eating and lack of excercise.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/news/farmingtoday/
    Last edited by connieb19; 11-Oct-06 at 14:15. Reason: adding link
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

I suppose if it's children meat, then it is child abuse lol. (before someone else says it)

rite ok then....

I brought my children up as vegans and it is really nice to see that other people agree with me.
    In the image of God? You must be joking!

Quote Originally Posted by Gleber2 View Post
    I brought my children up as vegans and it is really nice to see that other people agree with me.
    What would happen to all the animals if everyone turned vegan though?

i was brought up on meat and did me the world of good in turn i'am bringing up my wee one the same way.....

i dont see the problem in eating meat?

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19 View Post
    What would happen to all the animals if everyone turned vegan though?
    Nobody eats bears but they survive. Do you think other animals are different just because we eat them? Threre would be a lot less of them of course.

I think people can eat a bad diet whether they are vegetarian or meat eaters. some vegetarians don't even like vegetables and live on chips, pizza and cheesy pasta.

Wink

[QUOTE=Gleber2;145170]Nobody eats bears ........QUOTE]

I’m a meat eater through and through - I have meat as a side dish with my meat.
    I would eat the bears and goldilocks given half a chance.
    As for forcing childen with meat is abuse? My oldest lad refuses to eat red meat by choice, and my youngest lad and myself are like a couple of wild dogs fighting over the last sausage!
    Fair do's it’s a personal choice and good luck to them (more meat for me), but eating meat is what humans have done for millenniums, it’s only in the last 50 odd years that veggies have been popular.

Keep you green stuff; I need the energy to stick the frying pan on.
    Last edited by acameron; 11-Oct-06 at 20:47.

Having been vegetarian for 6 years I can see both sides. There are some superb vegetarian/vegan recipies and now and again they would be a nice alternative, but I don't think I could go back there again - I enjoy my meat too much now!

I would agree with animal rights activists... IF... they all wear a bracelet or necklace clearly stating that in the event of medical emergency they cannot be treated with any drug, tool or treatment which had animal testing as part of it's development.

Also maybe a vegetarian can explain the statement: 'I'm a vegetarian but I eat fish, eggs and chicken...' Do these people have access to fish trees and chicken bushes that I am not aware of?
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 11-Oct-06 at 16:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    IAlso maybe a vegetarian can explain the statement: 'I'm a vegetarian but I eat fish, eggs and chicken...' Do these people have access to fish trees and chicken bushes that I am not aware of?
    It's easy. These people are not vegetarians.

I can't say that I have studied the pros and cons of a vegan diet, but .... is it possible to have a balanced vegan diet without supplements?
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr & Mrs Billy Boy View Post
    i was brought up on meat and did me the world of good in turn i'am bringing up my wee one the same way.....
    Oh no!

This thread is going to turn into an "I eat meat and I'm okay"/"I'm a vegan and I'm okay" pingpong game.

Okay - I'll join in:

"Mrs West brought her son Fred up as a carnivore."

Right - that's 1-0 to the vegans by my estimate.
    Going to church doesn't make you a Christian anymore than standing in a garage makes you a car.

The only thing I have to say about the PETA Statement is, go boil an egg.

The only abuse I can see is when extremist pressure groups on any subject abuse me with their twitterings.

I have no inclination to tell them how to live their lives. All I ask is that they extend the same courtesy to the rest of us.

Personally, I have a great deal of sympathy with the poor subjugated vegetables which are kept in constant captivity, many of them struggling to escape from where they have been buried alive by humans in order to see the light of day.
    just when they have freed themselves and tasted the warm sunlight they are violently dragged, screaming, (Yes plants do have feelings and can scream), from their surroundings, physically abused and, more often than not, sealed into some kind of container without water or sustenance for extended periods, dissected and then boiled alive.

I can hardly look a poor vegetable in the face as it grows in a field knowing what will eventually befall it.

With that I will close because my potatoes are ready for mashing and the beef stew won't taste the same if they are over boiled!
    Animals I like, people I tolerate.

Look, it's simple, if we aren't supposed to eat animals, then why are they made of meat?

Quote Originally Posted by mareng View Post
    I can't say that I have studied the pros and cons of a vegan diet, but .... is it possible to have a balanced vegan diet without supplements?
    My wife and I and two of my chidren have been vegan for over 20 years and our diet seems to have been balanced enough without supplements. The only thing a vegan diet is short on is B12 and my son who has been vegan from birth has no B12 shortage. Our bodies are a lot more versatile than we give them credit for.

Quote Originally Posted by mareng View Post
    Oh no!

This thread is going to turn into an "I eat meat and I'm okay"/"I'm a vegan and I'm okay" pingpong game.

Okay - I'll join in:

"Mrs West brought her son Fred up as a carnivore."

Right - that's 1-0 to the vegans by my estimate.

they say that hitler was supposed to be a vegetarian lol, and we all know what a lovely man he was
    1 - 1 me thinks

My wife and I and two of my chidren have been vegan for over 20 years and our diet seems to have been balanced enough without supplements. The only thing a vegan diet is short on is B12 and my son who has been vegan from birth has no B12 shortage. Our bodies are a lot more versatile than we give them credit for.

Right - in the absence of conflicting views, thanks for clearing up that misconception.

(I've had a few kebabs, late at night that would challenge your assertion that our bodies are more versatile than we give them credit for, however.)

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast