Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disabled Parking at Tesco, Wick

Default Disabled Parking at Tesco, Wick

I thought I would start this tread to see what other peoples experiences of the diaabled parking at Tesco where like.

Being wheelchair bound it really annoys me when I do my shopping at Tesco, Wick the number of non disabled people who use these spaces. I frequently find non-diabled persons using them. Also people with children using them, although Tesco have actual parking area for Mother/Child.

I also find it amazing that some people who qualify for Blue Badges can walk without a stick or other means from the disabled parking all the way round Tesco pushing a trolley and then go back to their car. What is the criteria for a badge? as some people are certainly abusing it.

To end on a good note I must praise some of Tesco's staff who are very helpful when I am shopping along with offering to help me both from and to my car.

any markings on a private carpark surface are purely graffitti and hold no legal standings

not nice though!

dx
    Private Electronic Workshop in Wick - send us a PM
    **WE NOW DO REPAIRS AND CRACKED SCREENS ON MANY PHONES & TABLETS**
    PC virus/ransomware/data recovery/repair & service
    also Private marine & CB/Amateur radio repairs

Cool

"I also find it amazing that some people who qualify for Blue Badges can walk without a stick or other means from the disabled parking all the way round Tesco pushing a trolley and then go back to their car. What is the criteria for a badge? as some people are certainly abusing it."...

Well, excuse me all to hell Squirrel. I have a blue badge...yes I can manage to walk without a stick, but not for more than about 20 yards before my muscles cramp up, even to use a supermarket trolley like a wheeled walking aid whilst accompanying my wife shopping...slowly.
    It gets me out of the house occassionaly...sorry for the inconvenience!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by secretsquirrel View Post
    I thought I would start this tread to see what other peoples experiences of the diaabled parking at Tesco where like.

Being wheelchair bound it really annoys me when I do my shopping at Tesco, Wick the number of non disabled people who use these spaces. I frequently find non-diabled persons using them. Also people with children using them, although Tesco have actual parking area for Mother/Child.
    Moan like stink at the duty manager in Tescos, the only way Tesco will do anything is if they think they are being seen in a bad light by enough people.

I also find it amazing that some people who qualify for Blue Badges can walk without a stick or other means from the disabled parking all the way round Tesco pushing a trolley and then go back to their car. What is the criteria for a badge? as some people are certainly abusing it......
    You don't know the criteria for a Blue Badge and yet you have one? How odd. I'd read up before accusing people.....

I also find it amazing that some people who qualify for Blue Badges can walk without a stick or other means from the disabled parking all the way round Tesco pushing a trolley and then go back to their car. What is the criteria for a badge? as some people are certainly abusing it.

To end on a good note I must praise some of Tesco's staff who are very helpful when I am shopping along with offering to help me both from and to my car.YY
    You do not know me,therefore you have no right to question why I have a blue badge and no sticks if it was not for car and badge I would pretty much be stuck in the house,there are many people like me,we do not all carry sticks,I was offered them by doctor was told I would get extra pension if I carried them,thats my thanks for not takeing more money off the goverment We do not all abuse it

My Doctor and Highland Council both agree that I qualify for a blue badge and that's good enough for me. Your post actually sickens me, just remember one thing.....Just because a person doesn't have a plaster cast doesn't mean their leg isn't broken, ie, what you see doesn't always tell the full story!!!!!!!! I tell you what, I will start using my sticks when I visit Tesco in future just to stop you whinging!!!!

C3...................

Anyone who parks inconsiderately, whether blocking a car with or without a disabled sticker, doesn't deserve to have a driving licence. Some years ago I had a left hand drive car, and someone reversed to park beside my parked car while I was attending outpatients. It was only a few inches away from me, and I had to wait ages for them to come back, resulting in me having to pay higher car parking charges.
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

I thought I would start this tread to see what other peoples experiences of the diaabled parking at Tesco where like. Probably the same as your own. There are selfish people everywhere but there are also people who have a badge who cannot walk far without some sort of support. A trolley makes a great support and means you don't have to cope with sticks as well.

Being wheelchair bound it really annoys me when I do my shopping at Tesco, Wick the number of non disabled people who use these spaces. I frequently find non-diabled persons using them. Also people with children using them, although Tesco have actual parking area for Mother/Child. Complain, complain, complain. Tescos won't want their disabled patrons having to park in ordinary bays whilst these places are full and being abused. Write to them as well as talk to them. Writing begs an official reply and they won't be able to ignore your complaint.

I also find it amazing that some people who qualify for Blue Badges can walk without a stick or other means from the disabled parking all the way round Tesco pushing a trolley and then go back to their car. What is the criteria for a badge? as some people are certainly abusing it. You should have been given documentation as to the rules when you were awarded the disabled badge. Again, complain, complain, complain until you get them.

To end on a good note I must praise some of Tesco's staff who are very helpful when I am shopping along with offering to help me both from and to my car.
    There you are now, having a wheelchair is a good thing when disabled, you get all those kind people paying you attention and helping you. There are angels out there....

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Bug View Post
    Anyone who parks inconsiderately, whether blocking a car with or without a disabled sticker, doesn't deserve to have a driving licence. Some years ago I had a left hand drive car, and someone reversed to park beside my parked car while I was attending outpatients. It was only a few inches away from me, and I had to wait ages for them to come back, resulting in me having to pay higher car parking charges.
    Would be handy at those times to have the spikes on your wheels (just like the Roman chariots) then they would keep their distance!

Also, if those designing car parks would use their common sense and their tape measures and make parking bays wider and longer to keep up with the design of the cars using them. They are way behind the times!

I have a child who has a blue badge, yet he doesnt need sticks or a wheelchair. Im one of those parents who gets those dirty looks and tuts and thats fine as its a great way of teaching my son ignorance. Why people think they have the right to judge i'll never know! I will continue to use the disabled bay with him as its safer in his circimstance.

Quote Originally Posted by pretty green eyes View Post
    I have a child who has a blue badge, yet he doesnt need sticks or a wheelchair. Im one of those parents who gets those dirty looks and tuts and thats fine as its a great way of teaching my son ignorance. Why people think they have the right to judge i'll never know! I will continue to use the disabled bay with him as its safer in his circimstance.
    You are quite right; his safety comes first!

Seems as if 1 person on here who has a blue disabled badge thinks they have the right to judge anyone and everyone and their disabilities too - get a grip on reality secretsquirrel.
    Many people are disabled without showing any visible signs or symptoms just because you have a visible form of disability ie the use of a wheelchair do not assume that every disabled person has your disability.
    If you have any problems with disability equality and not being given the priority you feel you require for parking you can contact Keith Robertson who is the Access Development Officer of Scottish Disability Equality Forum tel 01786473152 or email keith.robertson@sdef.org.uk and he will be more than willing to listen and help you with your personal situation.

I'm sure Mr Robertson will be delighted that his email address has been placed on a public forum where it can be harvested by spambots!

I have a family member with a "blue badge" actually.

This person is perfectly capable of walking into and also out of Tescos; but as various other orgers on here have pointed out, the fact that they have a "blue badge" should never be discretionised by those who think they should know as to why someone has been given said badge !!

My relative suffers from various medical conditions, and, as I've previously stated, can normally walk without any aids (thank God!), but, they're general medical health, which as been ascertained by their GP and also the local Council, gives said person requirement of a "blue badge " !

Any questions, then please feel free to PM me; I'm more than willing to expand on this discussion....?
    Last edited by cherokee; 04-Sep-11 at 20:57.
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

You appear to have a problem parking wherever you go, so suggest you use some of your disability allowance and take a taxi.

If you are getting so upset and find it so difficult to do your shopping I suggest you do so on-line and get it delivered. That will stop you bothering staff when you do not take your carer with you for shopping. It will also relieve you of the burden of being annoyed that perhaps there are other people who might have even bigger problems than you.

http://www.equalityhumanrights.com/advice-and-guidance/guidance-for-service-users-pre-october-2010/transport/using-your-own-transport/off-street-disabled-parking-bays-such-as-supermarkets/
    It appears that the Blue Badge only applies legally to the public highway and not “off road” parking, including supermarket car parks, where you can be asked to vacate a bay by the staff but they have no legal rights to insist you do.
    To me that seems very sensible as often people can be temporarily disabled following illness, surgery, or maybe with broken bones, and to be able to use a disabled bay must be a great relief for these people, without the fear that they are breaking the law.
    Last edited by nightowl; 04-Sep-11 at 23:27.

On a lighter note, I parked the car in the disabled spaces at tesco the other week to take the wife shopping (her badge, not mine), then whilst she kindly went for my bits from the kiosk before tottering back to the car (complete with stick may I add) I took the trolley, unloaded it into the car, while a fancy new sports car pulled into the disabled space beside me. Out jumps a young lad and his fancy lass who set off swaggering full of health into Tescos, No blue badge, not disabled etc but the wider spaces will protect his pride and joy.....surely thats what they are really there for....

So, putting trolley into trolley park, the trolley in front had a gift from God, a Tesco "disabled parking space warning to non disabled people notice", the devil popped up on my left shoulder so picked it up, slipped it under his wiper blade just as he comes back out from buying his bits. I could bearly keep a straight face as I sat beside his car whilst the air turned blue, how dare they, the ******** he was bemoning whilst turning red, thought he might need a badge himself if his blood pressure got any higher.

Its the simple pleasures that seem to be most fun.....

get your own baccy

Quote Originally Posted by linnie612 View Post
    get your own baccy
    There has to be some perk to all that trolley pushing and bag carrying surely

And insult to injury, the good lady packed up the fags even though her illness isn't smoking related, and she still gets my bits, an angel I got when she fell from heaven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast