Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Spiders !!!

Default Spiders !!!

Is it just me or are there spiders absolutely everywhere just now? Not frightened of them but just checking incase the naughty little blighters are traumatising only me!!!

Funny you should say that. I've just taken my washing in and much of it was covered in spiders' webs. Never had that happen before.
    The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Unhappy

totally agree - spiders are everywhere - on my car - on my washing - in my house - in my workplace - and they seem to be getting bigger and bigger too - horrible things

The year has been very good for insects. Very warm mild long summer. Spiders eat insects, therefore....
    An expert is one who knows more and more about less and less until he knows absolutely everything about nothing

i keep getting forkytails in the house at the moment , i hate the things and they are so difficult to kill, i always have spiders around things in the garden but have noticed a slight increase of them and agree that they definatly seem to be getting bigger - EEK

Agreed they are everywhere. I've got a big one with I must say a beautiful web above my back door and although I don't care for them much I'm leaving it alone csuse it's a beauty. Another thing is the amount of dying wasps on the go.

Ricco tod me about this stuff, it's called no more spiders, you can buy it off Ebay, it's great. No more spiders ..
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

The Spiders are getting BIGGER.Oor Obiron hates the blighters,but can deal wi rat babies without a second glance!!!!
    Their coming to take me away.....haha-hee-hee-ho-ho

spiders is one creepy crawlie that i havnt acutally seen that much off this year, although weve had our fair share of wasps in and around the house, think there must av been a nest near by! forkitails aswel oooh i hate them the most, i never normally kill insects but i have to kill them with a big stomp im afraid! they just make my skin crawl eeeegh!
    A balanced diet is a cake in each hand.

Certainly have noticed lots more spider webs this year. Brushed down my 'whirley gig' (clothes rope) the other day due to excess webs and the next day there were more bigger and bonnier ones. Today there were lots of longstrands floating in the air......like bits of webs??
    I am not keen on spiders but don't mind the webs. AND, what are these wee black beasties all over my washing these past few days? The more I shake them off the more I get on myself. Yeuch!
    Families are like fudge - mostly sweet with a few nuts.