Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Not funny at the time!

Default Not funny at the time!

Ever had an incident that wasn't funny at the time but when you look back you laugh!

I was telling my son about when he asked me to open a can of Pepsi which he had previously severely shook whilst we were traveling to a show in Inverness. All dolled up for the theatre... then psssssssssttttttttt.....

Gosh I said out loud...

Anything similar ever happened to you?

Angel...

No, I've never travelled to Inverness with your son.

Yep, I was all dressed up to go to church. I opened a can of Pepsi that must have been shook up. When I opened it I was drenched with Pepsi. Had to change clothing for church. Yuch...

I was in a pub in Englandshire when the door suddenly opened a burst of 9mm unloaded from an Uzi Auto. 6 locals were hit...
    It wasn't funny at the time... until I realised the were all drug dealers who welched on a deal...

Such is life...

Angel...

If that had been me I'd have been too worried about the squelching taking place within my pants to stop and notice what type of weapon was being fired.

Do you regularly hang out in drug dealing dens?

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I was in a pub in Englandshire when the door suddenly opened a burst of 9mm unloaded from an Uzi Auto. 6 locals were hit...
    It wasn't funny at the time... until I realised the were all drug dealers who welched on a deal...

Such is life...

Angel...
    Only 6, thats a shame!!!
    C3.

Its a start

Stayed in Elgin over night down at the go karts etc etc,leaving the premier inn...rather hungover i may add! I turned from the reception to go out the door,high 5 to the window cleaner as i hadnt noticed it was a glass door,head butt OUCH!..was not funny when it happened,come to think of it i'm still not to amused by it
    Last edited by upolian; 04-Sep-11 at 16:36.

I found out later the type of weapon, as I hit the floor, and I spilt my drink. What's worse is I laddered my tights too...
    Had I have known it was a drug dealing den I would not have entered as it looked no different than any other pub...
    Yes only six i'm afraid... what's worse, is they all lived...

Angel...

My wife and I were recently on holiday in Italy in our motorhome when we stopped at a filling station to refuel and have a bite to eat.
    Wanting to help after we ate, I decided to gather up the rubbish and put it in the bin. I also decided to clear out the sweet wrappers etc from the door and asked my wife "is all this in here rubbish". She replied it was and I put the lot into the bin.
    After we had been on the Autostrada for about twenty minutes, my wife shrieked at me that I had binned her false teeth which had been wrapped in a paper hankie and left in the door.
    Despite trawling about for half an hour, I couldn't get back to the filling station and I announced my intention to abandon the teeth and press on.
    My wife was less than happy with this decision and sat with a face like fizz for the next few miles.
    We had left a peach and an apple on the dashboard for later when we left the filling station and I asked my wife to pass me the apple which she slapped into my hand. After a few seconds I turned to my wife and asked her if she wanted a bite.

I think the hospital are discharging me next week
    He has a profound respect for old age. Especially when it's bottled.
    Gene Fowler

Very long story, but involved getting a 4x4 stuck in snow up a mountain in the middle of the night over loch Ness and a comedy of errors involving: a very long walk, an idiot of a taxi driver, a very nice B & B and the AA and 3 comedy recovery vehicles, 2 of which I left stuck in the snow the following day