Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Watermarking/copywriting photos

Default Watermarking/copywriting photos

Need some advice on this topic please.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

j4bberw0ck seems to be able to get it into his photos (see Sunsets in the photography section.)

robertianrae.co.uk
    hutchthedog.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    j4bberw0ck seems to be able to get it into his photos (see Sunsets in the photography section.)
    Yes, noticed that. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RIR View Post
    Thanks. Have you used it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingetter View Post
    Thanks. Have you used it?
    Sorry, I haven't used it, no. I use Photoshop. I rarely, if ever, use watermarks anyway.

Ian.
    robertianrae.co.uk
    hutchthedog.co.uk

Ownership of the original negative demonstrates ownership and copyright. When putting images on the web, scan them at a low resolution, say 72 dpi, and resize to 750 pixels along the long side. The photo will look good enough onscreen, but will be practically useless to anyone wanting to use it (and besides, posting pictures three times the size of peoples monitor screens is a waste of time). For example
    Last edited by Dreadnought; 01-Oct-06 at 10:55.

Thank you RIR and Deadnought. While I was on holiday recently, I stayed in a self-catering cottage and I want to create an album of photos (around 80) I took on holiday which might be useful to others who stay at the cottage, and which I will be giving as a thankyou present to the owners who were particularly kind I thought. I just want to discourage any attempt at snaffling photos by less than scrupulous 'guests' at the cottage. Thus I thought of a 'property of xxxx etc' on each of the photos. Anyone taking them could not show them at home to their friends as 'their own photos', a probable reason for stealing them.
    The photos all taken with a digi.
    James.
    Last edited by Kingetter; 01-Oct-06 at 11:48. Reason: Omission