Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toothache

Default Toothache

Major toothache, taking paracetomol and keep brushing teeth all day, also had a whole bottle of mouth wash, nothing is helping, am terrified of going to the dentist, what would everyone else do in this situation, or what can i do to take my mind of the horror of going to the dentist,

Aw sweetie know the feeling ive got co codomals that is strong do you want 2 but you need to see dentist

Have a word with GetWithTheTimes.......I am sure he has something stashed away that will help your aching teeth!
    Failing that, Oil of cloves from the chemist!!

C3......

ive got nothing but paracetomol in the house, so will just have to keep the pain until tomorrow hopefully ill get emergency appointment, will they end up taking my teeth out or will they just give me fillings/treatment,

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Have a word with GetWithTheTimes.......I am sure he has something stashed away that will help your aching teeth!
    Failing that, Oil of cloves from the chemist!!

C3......
    getwiththetimes??? ive tried the clove oil, cant use it make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by funky-dunky View Post
    getwiththetimes??? ive tried the clove oil, cant use it make me sick
    He is a Member on here, he has stuff to take away pain!!!

C3.....

Quote Originally Posted by Doreen View Post
    Ithoght you were my fried i have been a a carer for 14 yrs i also an first response wi nhs xx
    I am your Friend Doreen, I like you a lot!!

C3......

Major toothache, taking paracetomol and keep brushing teeth all day, also had a whole bottle of mouth wash, nothing is helping, am terrified of going to the dentist, what would everyone else do in this situation, or what can i do to take my mind of the horror of going to the dentist,
    If you are in that much pain I would suggest that you go to A&E at Caithness General. They should be able to give you a strong Pain Killer to tide you over until you can see a Dentist.

I hope all goes wrll with you and you get the problem sorted sooner rather than later.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Whiskey. Rinse it round your mouth, some times helps to numb the pain a bit.
    Failing that, just drink the bottle.

[QUOTE=bluechesse;867108]Whiskey. Rinse it round your mouth, some times helps to numb the pain a bit.
    Failing that, just drink the bottle.[/QUOT

Tried the whisky already the last time i had this toothache but didnt work, if only i liked it i probally would have drank the bottle lol

If you are climbing the walls with the pain go to A&E they can give you some painkillers that will take your mind off the pain.
    Strong ones that may knock you out!
    At 0845 at the latest phone nhs 24 or the emergency dentist no tommorrow to get an appt for that day.
    Good luck xxxx

Hiya, i cant really take much pain killers to be honest as i am asthmatic. yeah i think i need to contact them in the morning, but i cant get through to wick and i do not know if there is a dentist in thurso that will see me, cant go to hospital with the toothache last time i done that they said they cant help me and i had to contact the dentist

There is some decent painkillers you can take even if you are asthmatic..I got dihydrogen codiene when I went in with a tooth abscess and you can have that if you are asthmatic!
    It knocked me for 6 though...im bad OTC at the best of times as the old benylin for coughs used to knock me out as well.
    So I try not to take painkillers unless absolutely needed...but when I had the tooth abcess I was pacing the floor with tears rolling down my face, white as a sheet I then figured it was time for the serious pain relief!

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    There is some decent painkillers you can take even if you are asthmatic..I got dihydrogen codiene when I went in with a tooth abscess and you can have that if you are asthmatic!
    It knocked me for 6 though...im bad OTC at the best of times as the old benylin for coughs used to knock me out as well.
    So I try not to take painkillers unless absolutely needed...but when I had the tooth abcess I was pacing the floor with tears rolling down my face, white as a sheet I then figured it was time for the serious pain relief!

not sure but think its that what i got, its starting to give me a very sore throat too, but am scared of dentists but i am just going to have to go tomorrow

You need to go to the dentist. It's the only thing that will stop the pain. There is a number you can call to get a emergency appointment if you don't have a dentist. I'm sure the nhs24 can give you it.
    I know how you feel as i had it bad when i was pregnant. I couldn't take anything but paracetmol which is always next to useless.

ye could always tie a rop roond yer sore tooth an' 'e door handle, then gie 'e door a swift kick

it probly wilna work but it mite take yer mind off'ed for a bit.....
    Merry Meet, Merry Part and Merry Meet Again
    Blessed Be...

You need to go to a Dentist.
    Tell the practice that you have a real phobia and would need to work with someone who has some sympathy/understanding of the issue. As a 60something most of my experiences of Dentists was not good until I met a Dentist who explained that while training it was explained to them that there was a whole generation of people who had a poor opinion of the profession because of the way they had been treated and had thus developed a real fear of treatment. Thankfully much has changed.
    If you can afford it, go private. The Dental Practice in Back Bridge Street, Wick, is excellent.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Hope you have been able to get an emergency appointment in Thurso.

I understand the phobia and was nine years without a dentist because the butcher I went to insisted I have valium which doesn`t agree with me and the fear of being given any drugs now is still with me. I am the in the lucky position of having found a dentist who has listened and has agreed to do fillings without drugs. He was more nervous than I was, but it works for us.

Agree if I could afford to go private then it would be at The Bridges in Wick.

If you explain your phobia then the NHS will help you overcome it, and there is always the option of the community dentist at Caithness General with Rob Nicol. He has done some excellent work with phobic patients.

Hope the pain will soon be over.
    Last edited by poppett; 07-Jul-11 at 10:42.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

Hi all, havent managed to get appointment for today, woke up early to contact them to find out my phone is not working just now, there working on the lines, so another day in agony, but hopefully i can get appointment in the morning, i can hardly bare the pain but its my own fault should have been at the dentist sooner than now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast