Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: getting worse

Default getting worse

Just read on the bbc website about an 11 year old girl being approached in wick by a man in mid 40's, thankfully no harm came to her.

What next in this town?

this is the link if you want to read it

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/3964433.stm

It could happen in any town, and what makes it worse is the young ones have no fear about this, full of bravado, and they won't until one day when the unthinkable happens, god forbid.
    As adults we will just have to keep our eyes peeled and be vigilant in looking after our young un's.
    Don't worry about it ! Life is too short !!

I know Wick is a relatively safe town, but what is an eleven year old doing out alone in the dark at nine o clock at night? Maybe the guy was just concerned for her safety????

tides of pentland firth Guest

Ha!

Default wick crime

Re the girl who was approached by a man in Henrietta Street, wick....what was a young girl doing in a dark lane at garages at the back of houses. The man described...I have seen a man like this walking around with a rucksack and a little dog....is he sleeping rough in a garage????

Dark or late, to me it makes no difference. Young people should not be approached in this way at any time of day or night.

Just because it's dark isn't an excuse.