Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: How and Why???

Default How and Why???

Tell us about the book, (or books, poem or story) that had the most impact on you?

For me I think it was definetely "Charlotte's Web". This was the first book I ever read, when I was about 6, and from then on I love reading. I don't think I have ever stopped and from Charlottes Web I have now developed an interest in writing for children. I would love to write something, that has the impact on other kids, that this book had on me. I would love to start a life long love affair with books for at least one other reader.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

The very first book I can remember having was I believe called The Gold(en?) Thread. I remember nothing now of the story, other than it would be classified as mythology I expect. This I'm certain got me 'hooked' on mythology and when I somewhat later, at school, began to read stories of that ilk, I rapidly developed a pssion for it, especially Greek. This then led to more advanced reading such as Homer's Iliad, Then on to Plato, Socrates, Aristophanes and so on. I owe a great deal to that first book.

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Thanks for reminding me of a nice childhood memory lolabelle, I forgot all about Charlotte's web, I loved that book as a child. Such lovable characters.

I also loved Anne of Green Gables, The Narnia series, and I am David.