Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Courier service for business

Default Courier service for business

Who do you use for sending goods to customers who buy online from your shop or that order long distance?

royal mail is a killer!!

Unfortunately because of where we live Royal Mail usually works out cheapest though admittedly my parcels are a lot smaller than yours! Have you tried Parcel2Go.com ? I've found they generally have pretty good rates.

Royal Mail, I would not go anywhere else as they have the organisation to deliver.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Kodiak - customers not interested to pay the postage at cost and i'm not taking a 6 quid hit on an item that only has 8 quid profit in first place!

Quote Originally Posted by KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN View Post
    Kodiak - customers not interested to pay the postage at cost and i'm not taking a 6 quid hit on an item that only has 8 quid profit in first place!
    You asked "Who do you use for sending goods to customers" So I informed you Royal Mail. Not my fault that your customers won't pay you for the Postage. I have never had any complaints for any Postage Costs I have asked for.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Crikey Kodiak - no need to get your back up - i'm just explaining why I am looking for another courier service- I don't think it's your fault my customers don't want to pay excessive postal charges.

may i ask why you are saying that the postal charges are excessive? i know i can send something weighing up to 15kg (i think or it may be 20kg) for a maximum of £15 by royal mail standard parcels, or are you sending out stuff heavier than that?
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Hi Tugs yes at times sending & receiving heavier than that. It's not necessarily to do with weight of package but more so value of it.

ah ok, maybe not a solution for you but when we send extremely large or heavy stuff we actually just deliver it ourselves and charge for our fuel for the return journey. sorry i can't be of more help.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk