Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: WARNING do you have one?

Default WARNING do you have one?

I have just been informed about this and felt that I should tell other just in case anyone has one and hasn't been informed

Following independent tests carried out by the Forensic Science Service in 2010 the Olympic .38 BBM revolver is commonly known as a “blank firer”. has now been classified under the provisions of the Firearms Act 1982 which now makes it illegal to possess, supply or transfer within the UK.

The Olympic .380 BBM can also be known by the following names:

Bruni Olympic Revolver – Blank Firer
    Olympic 9mm
    Olympic .380
    Olympic .38
    The restriction does not apply to the Olympic .22 (6mm) blank firing starting pistol.
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

Well, that should appease the folk that think our gun laws are too lax! Even a starting pistol that fires blanks is illegal!

Having seen one very recently, it looks easy to convert from a blank firing revolver to a fully functioning firearm with minimal tools

Better check the kitchen drawer.

and down the back of the sofa.......and everywhere in Iraq

I know it is really stupid, apparently the pistol can be readily adapted and extended so as to fire live rounds, probably only blow the hand off the gunman ( or should I have said gun person). Still that is what the law now says and as there is a 5 year prison sentence for breaking the law best be aware.
    The changes made to owning hand guns have made no difference to the 'baddies' it is only the honest law abiding people who suffer - again!
    Or am I a cynic?
    Two things are infinite: the Universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the Universe.

Einstein

No, you're a realist!