Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cemetry Theft

Default Cemetry Theft

I was heartbroken to discover everything on himselfs grave has been stolen/moved. I spoke to the cemetry men to ask if anything had been found but was told a lot of things have been stolen of late including a £50 wreath. I was told people are stealing off graves and putting on their graves. As well as flowers, pots from the base, solar lights,and two small angels there was a large angel statue with a solar light panel with a verse inscribed on it.Even a small green stone put there by his nephews girlfriend has gone. It is all so bare. I can't beleive people could be so cruel as to steal from a dead persons resting place.
    Live for today as tomorrow may never come

Fran, that's terrible. I've noticed a good many young people don't have the respect for cemeteries that we were taught. I suppose they just don't think how much their actions hurt other people.

Quote Originally Posted by canadagirl View Post
    Fran, that's terrible. I've noticed a good many young people don't have the respect for cemeteries that we were taught. I suppose they just don't think how much their actions hurt other people.
    I think it's a case of don't care. It is disgusting.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Oh Fran, *hugs*

Angry

OMG i am totally desgusted at the post i cannot belive that people would sink as low to hurt someone like this .I recently lost a love one and his friends have put down a few personal touches that they have made i would be heart broken if these were take .These people are skum to remove any thing from someone grave( its BL**DY theft) .Surly we dont have to start ingraving the bottom of these items to prove it our propertly .To say i am angry is a understatment ...... Fran i am very sorry that this has happend to you if i can do any thing to help dont hesitate to ask ...x

Absolutely disgusting You must be so upset I hope the culprits are found, they will no doubt strike again these low lifes

This has to be the most disgusting act of vandalism I have ever read about on here !!

I only hope these persons responsible can live with their guilty conscience. I'm a great believer in "What goes around, comes around" .....

Thinking of you Fran, take care and God Bless XX
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

This is really shocking! I can't believe that people would do something like this!

I also think this is quite shocking:
    Quote Originally Posted by canadagirl View Post
    I've noticed a good many young people don't have the respect for cemeteries that we were taught. I suppose they just don't think how much their actions hurt other people.
    Young people are not the only ones without respect for the dead - please don't make it sound like they are. My sister and her friend recently scraped together enough to get a wreath for their friend's grave and the thought that because she is only 20 you would assume she would stoop to such low levels makes me very sad.
    "Music is Forever" Paul Simon
    "Music is well said to be the speech of angels" Thomas Carlyle
    www.music-monster.co.uk

Fran - I am so sorry for this double loss, really hits home when folk are so callous and nasty - theiving beggars.

Going back nearly 20 years - as I have posted on here a long time ago - a certain person "took" a wreath from a grave and took it along to a funeral I was attending, even changed the label of the florist! Happened to be there in the cemetery when the family of the lady where the wreath had been taken was looking for their wreath - yes it was on the grave of the person's funeral I had attended, I knew who had handed over this wreath.
    It was checked out, florist with name on card was checked - no had not done a wreath like this, other florist checked - only done one. What was the chances of a wreath being made elsewhere in exactly the same very unusual colours and flowers.

Scum of the earth is too mild an expression for these folk - that is my thoughts of any person who steals someone else's property for whatever reason and to look good in somebody others eyes is even worse.
    As Riggerboy says hangemm hangem hangem hangem or if not that made to wear an orange boilersuit with the word theif all over whilst they clean the streets and local community areas.

Forgot to say - this happened in Wick just under 20 years ago.
    Last edited by pat; 01-Apr-11 at 23:48.

i think CCTV should be put up to catch whoever is doing this ??

This is disgusting. I am seriously lost for words.

I am also going to head up to the cemetry to check on my Grandads grave. We havent been since beginning of March, so fingers crossed all is ok.
    We child proofed the house..... but they keep getting in!

Fran what cemetry was this at .I hope you reported this to the police .

Quote Originally Posted by The Music Monster View Post
    I also think this is quite shocking:

Young people are not the only ones without respect for the dead - please don't make it sound like they are. My sister and her friend recently scraped together enough to get a wreath for their friend's grave and the thought that because she is only 20 you would assume she would stoop to such low levels makes me very sad.
    I'm so sorry, I had just had a mental image of small children I've seen running and jumping on graves. I had no intention to shock or upset anyone, far from it.

I am so sorry Fran, that must have been so upsetting for you xx

So sorry to hear that Fran, I think they are heartless b's and deserve stoning in public.

Fran that is terrible. I have recently lost my brother and like donnick his friends regularly leave items and tributes at his grave and I would be devasted if anybody stole them. A lot of people (regardless of age) have no respect for anyone or anything least of all someone who is grieving. When I was little we were always taught that the cemetery was like the kirk you didn't make a noise or have a carry on there and you certainly didn't go on the grass never mind touch anything! It is just disgusting and hope you get these items back xxx

Its a sad world we live in where graves are targeted by vandals.
    We would never have been allowed to run in a cemetery as children, never mind jumping on graves.
    I dont even let my girls play around the war memorial outside their nursery (lots of other parents let their kids) as I feel its disrespectable and Lauren knows in simple terms the "statue" is there to remember people who died in the wars and its not a toy...ok have to have that conversation over and over again as its not helped by the other kids playing round it.
    I havent taken them to a cemetery yet, as they probably wont behave as well as I would like as they are a bit young to understand.
    But they wont be let to walk on the graves..just the paths.
    Why cant parents teach their kids to respect things like that when they are young?
    It might make them think twice when they are older.

I totally agree with you there Dadie it's just a total lack of respect. I take my kids with me regularly to the graveyard and they know that once they go through the gates they do not run, they keep their voices down and they most certainly never go on the grass of anyone elses grave. They can go on the grass at family graves to lay flowers.

I read each one of these posts and agree with all of them. At 85-plus years of age I have noticed that it's not like it used to be when I was younger. It appears that all societies all over the world is losing respect for what we used to consider sacred.

Scumbags.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast