Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: help please

Default help please

Ok i am wanting to start up my own business but i dont have a clue where to start regarding,insurance,tax,NI,accountant etc could someone who is self employed please give me some advice please,much appreciated xxxxxx

try caithness and sutherland interprise at turso they will be able to give the imformation you need and may be able to help with fianaces also get you on courses for new start buisness

thankyou for the reply n info starfish xxx

you need a UTR number from tax office also a class 1 and class 4 national insurance contributions which can be obtained from tax office you can pay these by dd debit hope this helps a bit cheers

Have sent you a pm
    www.ambersurvey.com - Local Chartered Valuation Surveyor.

Business Gateway will be able to help, office in Miller Street, Wick

Get yourself on the Business Start Up course which is run by the Business Gateway. Free of charge and is offered relatively frequently. Thereafter you can access all the other useful courses. You'll never look back. Nothing better than working for yourself.

Good luck!

My advice for what it's worth, is make sure that you can make money from your business before you start shelling out fortunes on accountants etc.

Many business's never recover from the start up costs. The tax and NI can be set up retrospectively. Spend any capital you need to on the business.

I've been self employed for about 30 years BTW