Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: defender 110 TD5 glowplugs

Default defender 110 TD5 glowplugs

Anyone know why my glowplugs are not lighting everytime I start the truck? Somtimes it just refuses to start. Glowplug light doesnae come on! and if I try to start... no go. Kinda worried.. if anyone is a landrover junkie you'll prolly be able to help as I don't know anything about diesels or trucks for that matter! Help is greatly appreciated from the landy lovers in the know!

Default glow plugs

i had a problem like this with my pajero, i checked the heater plugs one by one, they were working ok,the light on the dash was coming on and off as usual but when i put a multimeter to the heater plug supply....nothing.
    traced the fault back to it being a faulty heater plug relay.............check your relay out along with the wiring pins to which the relay connects for bad connections/ corrosion .........hope this helps

cheers rs 2K... I'll pass on the info to my hubby, hopefully he'll know what your talking about cause I've not got a clue! It is starting to worry me... cause it's getting worse all the time. And you always hear about horror stories of the electrics going dodgy and problems for forever after that!