Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brave old Lady

Talking Brave old Lady

Check out this old Lady she deserves a brave badge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1woGJD0yJs
    Last edited by donnick; 08-Feb-11 at 17:51. Reason: new video added

omg watched that like 4 times.. horrified it was even happening! but then when you see her charging across the street and attack the yobs! and they run from her and then get beat down!! beautiful!!
    http://itqueries.com/

Good on the lady, i would have done the same, but no-one went to help her untill SHE had bashed them over the head and sent them fleeing, shame on all those men who must have stood by and watched.

Quote Originally Posted by BO-PEEP View Post
    Good on the lady, i would have done the same, but no-one went to help her untill SHE had bashed them over the head and sent them fleeing, shame on all those men who must have stood by and watched.
    Do you know i felt exactly the same!
    The woman in her seventies was like supergran legging it over the road!
    I said exactly the same thing noone helped until she had got stuck in with her handbag!
    Maybe a bit silly of her to do it but in a situation like that i think you go on your gut feeling and think about it later!
    Blless her!

Is this video true.
    It looks like something from, Candid camera.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

Wot a brave lady putting herself in danger to stop that thugs she deserves recognition for that im well impressed with her actions.

Quote Originally Posted by donnick View Post
    Check out this old Lady she deserves a brave badge
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1emPOL2a_Y
    Clicked on link: "this video has been removed by the user. Sorry about that."???
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

hmm it was working.. wonder why they removed it

I am suspicious about this Video.

The person who is using the camera seems quite content in just making a record of what is happening. No one else seems to be interested in what is happening, even the staff in the shop do not seem to be worried.

The raiders can't seem to smash the window with a sledge hammer. I know the glass is tough but not this tough.

Also why did the Raiders not just walk in the doo,r as you clearly see a member of the staff standing in the open doorway.

Not only that this little old lady is seen running to the raiders from quite a distance away. This is fishy in its self.

Personally I have doubts that this was for real and that it was just a set up.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Nope - but it'll do fine - nice to see a young lad holding the git down as well as an old lady doing her bit..

As i said in a previous post.
    Smile your on Candid Camera.
    You don't have to be mad to know me but it helps.

thanks for the last post.. added a lot to the story! god bless her .. she was put out because she had a dancing lesson on that day! i bet she was some firecracker in her heyday

She would have been getting called a daft owld bat if they had hit back at her and put her in hospital, or worse.

You would hope that the national news would check out videos afore airing them to find out if they were made up.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    She would have been getting called a daft owld bat if they had hit back at her and put her in hospital, or worse.

You would hope that the national news would check out videos afore airing them to find out if they were made up.
    This was made up!?

There was an interview on the BBC news with the Jeweler they tried to rob, so the video footage is genuine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak View Post
    I am suspicious about this Video.

The person who is using the camera seems quite content in just making a record of what is happening. No one else seems to be interested in what is happening, even the staff in the shop do not seem to be worried.

The raiders can't seem to smash the window with a sledge hammer. I know the glass is tough but not this tough.

Also why did the Raiders not just walk in the doo,r as you clearly see a member of the staff standing in the open doorway.

Not only that this little old lady is seen running to the raiders from quite a distance away. This is fishy in its self.

Personally I have doubts that this was for real and that it was just a set up.
    Seems perfect genuine, the fact that no one moved a muscle is typical in those situations, people either think "I ain't getting involved" or "someone else will do something" perfectly apathetic.
    The person in the Jewellers sees whats going on, goes back further (well would you come out with that lot there?) and within a short while the steel blinds come down.. The sledge hammers did break the glass - as can be seen by one of the men putting his hand through the hole..

It seems this is the modern way to do it, there has been a spate of such robberies: "Five bikers mounted the pavement and screeched to a halt outside Mappin & Webb's Piccadilly store in the West End. They boldly spent five minutes beating through the reinforced glass windows with a sledgehammer and helping themselves to the goods, worth at least £50,000. And when astonished passers-by stopped to look, the gang members drove their bikes at them to ward them off. Amazingly, one man walked right past the robbers as if nothing was happening just as one of the group was leaning into the window and swiping jewels from the display."

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    This was made up!?
    I wasn't saying it was made up.

Sorry I didn't make it clear that I was responding to the previous posts that were speculating on it and saying that as national news had covered it, they would surely have checked on its validity.

As you say Becks, it seems to be a sign of the times, but then when you hear other stories of folks being killed when trying to help out, I suppose you can see why this happens. Sad all the same.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I wasn't saying it was made up.

Sorry I didn't make it clear that I was responding to the previous posts that were speculating on it and saying that as national news had covered it, they would surely have checked on its validity.

As you say Becks, it seems to be a sign of the times, but then when you hear other stories of folks being killed when trying to help out, I suppose you can see why this happens. Sad all the same.
    It's a sign of the times, as Kodiak says; "No one else seems to be interested in what is happening, even the staff in the shop do not seem to be worried." Obviously there will be people who prefer to blend into the background, and are possible too timid, then again you may get an old battleaxe who remembers the Police entreaties; "to have a go".. it's got to be an instant judgement,

I remember many years ago in Brixton, Mrs Beks and I were about to pull into a space by the pavement to go to a chippy, just as she was about to pull in, a big Merc, with five Jamaicans (had a sticker on the back) nipped in and took 'our' space.. These chaps were about 7 foot tall and five foot across, and when Mrs Beks started pressing on the horn and flashing them, I intimated it was not quite the right time, and with a brief smile and a wave from me, we drove off - discretion is the better part of valour.

It seems from reports the person involved in holding down one of these robbers was the cameraman, but there are occasions such as
    Sukhwinder Singh, 31, was stabbed to death after chasing muggers who had snatched a 28-year-old woman's handbag in Barking, east London, on 8 January.

• Frazer Bradshaw, 33, suffered fatal head injuries as he tried to break up a brawl outside a pub in Uxbridge, west London, in the early hours of New Year's Day.
    • David Joslin, 23, was fatally injured trying to break up a fight between two groups as he walked past them in Chingford, east London, on 20 December.
    It's a personal call, but I would not ever wish to be in a situation (being disabled) where I'm getting a good kicking whilst perfectly healthy and strong men walk by.. I could not live with myself if I was one of those..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast