Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

View Poll Results: Should I take the job of Dr Venus's successor in Fireball XL5?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes you should take the opportunity of a lifetime

22 73.33%
  • No you should stay here with us because we would miss you if you went away

8 26.67%

Thread: Should I stay or should I go?

Default Should I stay or should I go?

Following the recent retirement of Dr Venus I have been offered her position in Fireball XL5. It is obviously an attractive proposition to explore the universe with the iconically sexy Steve Zodiac but I would miss you guys if I decided to take the job.

Could you help me decide?

That is a difficult decision.

If you stay earthbound then you have to cope with the vagaries and vicissitudes of the people who live on planet Org. They are a diverse bunch and their weltanschauung is variegated. This requires a great deal of tolerance to cope with, and a certain adaptability to circumstance. You will by no means be in harmony with all of them, but in order to move among them you need the beneficial forcefield of flexibility, which is powered by the thought that they may have good reason for being how they are and thinking as they do.

On the other hand, Venus is indeed retiring and the position is vacant.

But reflect - Steve is human, and he and Venus are of an age. If he does not retire to be with his long time amour, it implies a certain inconstancy, indicative of a character flaw - can you trust him?
    And have his reactions slowed down as senility sets in? How prone is he to crash into the first asteroid he finds himself on collision course with?

And if they replace him - would you get on with the next pilot? Are not all men flawed?

But we would miss you too.

I'd ask the Lazoon if I were you. He knows more than the rest of us put together.

Speaking as the first InterGalactic WheelieBin Pilot, I can say that space travel is very overrated.

The accomodation is cramped, there's no heating, it stinks of fish and that brown stuff off the cooker and you can't see sodall.

I wouldn't bother, Crayola.

And anyway, you'd only get tangled up in his strings.

Quote Originally Posted by northener View Post

The accomodation is cramped, there's no heating, it stinks of fish and that brown stuff off the cooker and you can't see sodall.

It would play havoc with your hair and nails dahhhhhhling.

Quote Originally Posted by squidge View Post
    It would play havoc with your hair and nails dahhhhhhling.
    Oh I have ways of keeping them safe and anyway Venus managed it.

XL5 has more space and more luxury apartments than an old green wheelie ship. Come along for a ride one day N. You might enjoy it.

Blast off is planned for later in the week.

I am thoroughly enjoying my adventure of a new life in Scotland. So, I encourage you to take the opportunity of a lifetime even if it means a few tangled hairs. Go for it crayola!!!!
    Last edited by canuck; 23-Jan-11 at 18:31.

Crayloa, dear - I would miss those lovely tangled blue tresses of yours. Besides, the XL5 is a grossly antiquated craft now, surpassed by Epsilon X and Andromeda 9. Both are sleek modern craft with light-repelling mirrored exteriors and twin Hyper-sonic pulsor engines. They also have large rear-view mirrors for arranging your hair and checking the makeup hasn't smeared with that last hyper-jump. Oh, and there is a little pocket thingey for keeping change in when you have to use a space-station parking lot.

Another thing.... we wouldn't want you getting caught up when Betelguese goes super later this year.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Default weltangschauung ?

It's always a good day on planet Org when you learn a new word.

And this is the only place with wikipedia, I'm told.

Well it's 11 for going and only 6 for staying at this point in time.

It looks like we're gonna be a team Steve babe.

in my mind you should wait as i see red dwarf is coming back and is a far classier way to travel
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Do you get Zoonie the Lazoon or does he go with Venus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0eyb...eature=related

Most assuredly they did not have emission controls in those days....

That's 16 to 8 in favour of Venus.

I shall of course remain in weak transactional contact with the org as I communicate via ripples in the cosmic consciousness. A technology that Venus and Steve didn't have in their heyday.

We don't need a Lazoon. We shall take Petra and Patch and go on pointless searches for lost souls of Europa that never existed and never swam in her frozen oceans. And we shall find them where those that trod those seas before us never went!

Oh such joy will be ours.

Quote Originally Posted by crayola View Post
    Well it's 11 for going and only 6 for staying at this point in time.

It looks like we're gonna be a team Steve babe.
    Crayola, babe - my vote counts for 10! Better believe it.

Following the recent retirement of Dr Venus I have been offered her position in Fireball XL5. It is obviously an attractive proposition to explore the universe with the iconically sexy Steve Zodiac but I would miss you guys if I decided to take the job.

Could you help me decide?
    I have mixed feelings about your leaving. I enjoy reading your postings, but I would hate to keep you from accepting a good deal.

Greetings to all from Europa via our cosmic relay station in England.

It's life Cheemag but not as we know it.

Greetings to all from Europa via our cosmic relay station in England.

It's life Cheemag but not as we know it.
    Hey - you're right next door to me on Ioa. Drop over for an Arcturian cocktail sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco View Post
    Hey - you're right next door to me on Ioa. Drop over for an Arcturian cocktail sometime.
    Careful crayola. That Ricco character is part Canadian and the Arcturian cocktail may contain a trace of primordial ice.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Careful crayola. That Ricco character is part Canadian and the Arcturian cocktail may contain a trace of primordial ice.
    Darn! Sussed! However, there would be a rare Betelguese cherry - rare because Betelguese is due to go nova soon.