Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Discount Fuel for remote areas

Default Discount Fuel for remote areas

It would be nice!
    Snowmen fall from the sky unassembled!

Quote Originally Posted by divanp75 View Post
    Aye, and pigs might fly !!!
    I woudnt trust anything that comes out of Danny Boy's gob....Talk about selling out to the Tories just so he can sit on the front bench in Westminster!!!!

I hope the people of Inverness see sense at the next election and put him on the scrapheap....As for cheap fuel, dont hold your breath!!

C3.......

i'm sure if pigs do fly they will slap a surcharge on them
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

cheap fuel to go with the cheap electric promised to get workers from England to work at Dounreay in the 1950`s and 60`s.

I don`t think it will come to anything, but feel free to prove me wrong Mr Alexander..........you know you want to.
    Making tomorrow`s memories today

As a local, I'd like to pay less for fuel, but looking at the point of view of those living elsewhere I can see an element of unfairness.

I'll also be sceptical and say that I doubt any reduction in fuel duty would be passed on in its entirety to the consumer. As with the air discount scheme, I can see the petrol stations adding a bit of profit onto the prices after any discount.

I doubt it !!

They will probably decide that remote will mean on the islands and this is one time our Island postcode wont help us.

"Under plans being considered by the Government". Says it all. Btw I'm considering a 6 month long World cruise soon.

Quote Originally Posted by divanp75 View Post
    Will this be us??
    Nah, your not near remote enough over there! You've got trains, trunk roads, Tesco petrol and a metropolis a mere 2.5 hours drive away!