Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why has it taken so long ?

Default Why has it taken so long ?

I believe the BNP have been saying this for a few years now but would anybody listen? Didnt Nick Griffin bring this subject up in his speech that was filmed by undercover BBC reporters and was subsequently put on trial for it?
    Why has it taken the Government so long to realise whats going off ?
    It is time we awoke from our slumber and took note of what is going on around us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-12141603

C3...

What is going on around us?

It was also racist when Nick Griffin said British jobs for British people but was ok a couple of years later when Gordon Brown said it.

That is true, the old saying "don't do as I do, do as I say" springs to mind.
    Hating people because of their colour is wrong. And it doesn't matter which colour does the hating. It's just plain wrong.
    Muhammad Ali

Didn't you read this bit?

"But Keith Vaz, chairman of the home affairs select committee, said it was not a cultural problem and it was wrong to stereotype a whole community.
    And Barnados chief executive Martin Narey said the case was more about vulnerable children of all races who were at risk from abuse."

In 17 court cases since 1997 where groups of men were prosecuted, 53 of the 56 people found guilty were Asian, 50 of them Muslim, while just three were white, according to the Times.

This is whats worrying, do the Asian Muslims see the white young teenage girl as "Easy meat" as stated by Jack Straw?

C3...

Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    This is whats worrying, do the Asian Muslims see the white young teenage girl as "Easy meat" as stated by Jack Straw?

C3...
    having lived in west yorkshire yes i have to agree they do see them as that. it's sad as we watched a family pulled apart bye young asian lads using a young girl as their play thing. but heres the strange thing in the end she ended up pregant by one of them and as far as i know they are still together with a beautiful baby daughter.
    sometimes the devil needs an advocate

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    What is going on around us?
    Easy one that John.

In Britian today .. Your only racist if your white, Your only sexist if your male and only Hetero people insult and slander people of different sexual preferences according to the Government and the Diversity Industry.

In Britian today in the real world .. Non Whites are racist, Women who are anti men are sexist too and non hetero people calling us hetero people "breeders" are just as prejudiced as hetero people throwing isnults. But to say that is to be labelled "racist", "sexist" or "homophobic"

But we cant say that you see, a) it would upset the poor little dears who arent white male and hetero and b) lots of people have their jobs tied up in preserving version one. And as long as people stand around going "What is going on ??" it isn't going to change is it ??

From April it will be LEGAL for an employer to pick a candidate for a job over me purely on the colour of their skin (as long as it isnt white), their gender (as long as they aren't male), their sexuality (as long as it isnt heterosexual) or whether they are not able bodied. And they call this the "Equality Act". Incidentally to pick me because I am white male and hetero will be illegal. This crap is "what is going on" John me old mucker.

I dont agree with the BNP but something needs to be done about this PC drivel that apparently allows white girls to be targetted while those who should be stopping it stand around scared of being called "racist".

I love these statements -

"I dont agree with the BNP but "

So what exactly don't you agree with - reading your wee rant about 'PC drivel', I am a bit confused....

The last Labour grubbiement stifled any debate/discussion regarding any minority ethnic group and associated activities by using the 'racist' flag. Unfortunately this permeated through our public services to the extent that people dare not voice any opinion or talk about any issues for fear of being labelled ‘racist’ and jeopardising their career. This ‘policy’ also had the corrosive effect right across all the other diversity issues, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability and religion so much so that society ‘sleepwalked’ into the situation where now nobody will discuss anything in an open and frank manner,.
    Last edited by Gronnuck; 08-Jan-11 at 19:08. Reason: font and size
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Duck - I do not disagree with you on the PC stuff. I have always thought that 'positive discrimination' was just plain old discrimination under a thin disguise. I do not agree that people should be discriminated against on the grounds of their race colour or creed and that includes so called positive discrimination. Especially in the getting of jobs decisions should be made on the ability of the person to do the job.

And that includes whether or not they 'support' Gaelic language teaching in non Gaelic speaking areas.

But I'm not happy with a view that generalises about an entire and large section of an entire community. That grooming and raping thing was not carried out by a community. It was carried out by individuals who are twisted and evil.

If I groomed and raped somebody then I would be judged as an individual, not because I'm white. And surely that's how it should be?

All sex offenders target vulnerable people. They are sex offenders... It's what they do. It's always been legal to choose people of a particular race or sex as long as it's a genuine occupational qualification. For example, a woman to work in a women's refuge.

I don't believe that Asian men have a greater tendency towards committing these sorts of offences than any other race and this article from the telegraph discusses the issues with some balance.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...easy-meat.html

Where issues of sexual abuse of any sort are taking place then it is important that the law deals with the offenders. Incidentally the White men found guilty that corrie3 was talking about were BNP members ... Good Job we aren't labelling whole groups by the actions of a few here then isn't it.
    Last edited by squidge; 09-Jan-11 at 01:04.

I think that the comments made by The Drunken Duck closely mirror what a large amount of people in this country believe.

Wrong or right, I think that is the case. Those in the majority do not like what they percieve to be the minorities getting special treatment.

The problem that I see is that none of the mainstream political parties are tackling this issue, or addressing the concerns. That could possibly lead to people voting BNP as some sort of protest vote. It wouldn't mean that the public had suddenly become racist, or that they agree with all the main policies of the BNP, simply that they've had enough and want to show it.

I know more that one person who voted SNP due to their student fees policy and simply because they were fed up of the other parties, even though they are strongly against independence which is arguablly the SNP's flagship policy. Not all who vote SNP want independence, and not all who may vote BNP are racists.
    Last edited by theone; 09-Jan-11 at 02:47.

Exclamation

..."and not all who may vote BNP are racists."... but if they elect BNP MPs they will get racist policies!
    "Life is a sexually transmitted disease, with 100% fatality." R.D.Laing

Quote Originally Posted by Aaldtimer View Post
    but if they elect BNP MPs they will get racist policies!
    Exactly, and that is why the mainstream parties must address the situation. Nip the problem in the bud before the radical benefit from the hysteria. Remember Germany in the 30's.

You are right theone however I think comparing the BNPwith the SNP is wrong. They are different animals. Whilst the SNP strive for an independent Scotland they do not exclude either non whites or non scots from the equation. They embrace the diverse population we have rather than dislike it. The BNP are racist in their attitudeand their policies. The SNP are not the same.

Okay - I'll just take a peek at the elephant in the room.

It's my perception that I have met or seen stuff from SNP supporters which is quite anti-english. Not all of them but certainly some. Some of it is jokey. But by no means all.

Why would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by theone View Post
    I think that the comments made by The Drunken Duck closely mirror what a large amount of people in this country believe.

Wrong or right, I think that is the case. Those in the majority do not like what they percieve to be the minorities getting special treatment.
    True - this isn't helped by some of the media, eg, The Daily Mail

The problem that I see is that none of the mainstream political parties are tackling this issue, or addressing the concerns. That could possibly lead to people voting BNP as some sort of protest vote. It wouldn't mean that the public had suddenly become racist, or that they agree with all the main policies of the BNP, simply that they've had enough and want to show it.
    In the absence of any discussion/debate of an issue that many people are concerned about the void will be filled with the chattering of the extremists. The last Labour administration failed to talk/discuss/debate the subject. Gillian Duffy, the Rochdale pensioner dared raise the issue with Gordon Brown and got labelled, "a sort of bigoted woman". This highlights the point I made in my earlier post; if you avoid the issue, stifle debate, people will look somewhere else for answers.

I know more that one person who voted SNP due to their student fees policy and simply because they were fed up of the other parties, even though they are strongly against independence which is arguablly the SNP's flagship policy. Not all who vote SNP want independence, and not all who may vote BNP are racists.
    Exactly - IMO the last Scottish election is an example, there was a surge of people voting SNP to get rid of Labour. Over recent years many people are voting to get rid of a political party rather than for the party they want to lead the country.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Because every group has it's numptieS. Was it football related? It generally is. The difference is that the SNP don't have Racist, Fascist policies. the BNP do. The SNP has English and non White candidates... Can't see the BNP picking those sorts of candidates can you?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast