Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Value your car

Default Value your car

For all those thinking of buying a new/used car check out its TRUE VALUE at the Vauxhall wedsite they give you the Glasses Guide price for free ..

Handy but I wouldn't call it the true value - it's the trade-in value which is going to be much less as the dealer has to make something when reselling it.
    Is there a website for those buying or selling privately which gives a true reflection of value, or even a general rule of thumb (trade value times X) to go by?

When valuing my car recently for selling I looked around at various advertisers (Exchange & Mart, ScotAds, etc.) to give me an idea what others were asking for similar models/specifications as I couldn't find anything else.

Default Parkers

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post
    Handy but I wouldn't call it the true value - it's the trade-in value which is going to be much less as the dealer has to make something when reselling it.
    Is there a website for those buying or selling privately which gives a true reflection of value, or even a general rule of thumb (trade value times X) to go by?

When valuing my car recently for selling I looked around at various advertisers (Exchange & Mart, ScotAds, etc.) to give me an idea what others were asking for similar models/specifications as I couldn't find anything else.
    http://www.parkers.co.uk/cars/used-prices/

Quote Originally Posted by Bobinovich View Post

Hi .The site gives a Trade value on cars ,thats the value a garage would/should go by or a Insurance company would take as a guide.To many people pay well over the odds for cars and garages rip folk off .Many private sellers think there cars are worth far more than they are, mainly due to them having paid to much for it in the first place .Garage also have costs that private seller dont ,so the site gives us an insight to what is the true value of the cars we will buy.Information is power and this guide gets us the information to walk away if the price is not a Fair Deal.

And don't bother with "Webuyanycrap.com". Their prices are well below anyone elses.