Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions

Cool Any Suggestions

Looking for a good dvd to watch this weekend any suggestions on one to watch???? not bothered about genre just as long as its good!!!
    TA

"Ladder 49" is very good
    Live the Dream, don't dream the life

I can tell you one not to watch, "Million Dollar Baby". We watched it and ended up feeling really flat and deflated. I found it quite disturbing and sad.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

Red face film

man on fire, its really good or seabiscuit.. bit of a horsey person film tho
    i went to see cars at the cinema i konw its s'posed to be for kiddies but i loved it ! that probably says a lot about me!

i went to see cars at the cinema i konw its s'posed to be for kiddies but i loved it ! that probably says a lot about me! [/quote]
    Itook my niece & nephews so that I could go, I have to borrow kids so I can go and see kids movies. It was fantastic, but it would be good on video or DVD as you would not have the distraction of kids wandering about uncontrolled that we did. Good movie though.
    She was not quite what you would call refined, she was not quite what you would call unrefined. She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot. Mark Twain

I dunno if the Hostel is on DVD yet... but I loved that movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolabelle
    I can tell you one not to watch, "Million Dollar Baby". We watched it and ended up feeling really flat and deflated. I found it quite disturbing and sad.
    Fantastic movie.

It's a little older, but "Secondhand Lions" is great.

Smile

Get "Memento" out - very cool and unusual film!! And I don't care what anyone says but I loved the Italian Job re-make!

Do not under any circumstances get out "The Pink Panther" with Steve Martin (went to see it on a school trip so could not escape). It was the worst, most cringe-worthy, piece of garbage I've ever seen......in my life!!!
    It is the first film I think where I actually lost the will to live within the first 20 mins!

At least you know that whatever film you pick will not be as terrible as that!!

ladder 49 is definately worth a watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Evil
    Looking for a good dvd to watch this weekend any suggestions on one to watch???? not bothered about genre just as long as its good!!!
    TA
    There was one called Black or Dark something with Vin Diesel - brilliant! Keeps you on edge right the way through.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Quote Originally Posted by Jeid
    I dunno if the Hostel is on DVD yet... but I loved that movie.
    Hostel is out on Dvd, it's just ok. Madhouse is a really good film or The Machinist, miles better than Hostel.
    Don't wrestle with pigs, you just get all dirty and the pig enjoys it.

Smile any suggestions

Really good films are Hidalgo, Seabiscuit or a newer one Memoirs of a Geisha
    this can be a bit slow but its a really good film. Raising Helen is a really good film too but a bit weepy!
    Have a good night whatever you pick.

Dont watch Big Mommas House 2!! I hired it last weekend and what a load of rubbish, not funny at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco
    There was one called Black or Dark something with Vin Diesel - brilliant! Keeps you on edge right the way through.
    Remembered now - Pitch Black.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

"Inside i'm dancing" is a really good film its been out on DVD a wee while now.I thought it was brilliant
    Always remember your unique, just like everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by connieb19
    Hostel is out on Dvd, it's just ok. Madhouse is a really good film or The Machinist, miles better than Hostel.
    I wasn't a fan of The Machinist, I found it rather boring myself.

I watched the Pianist the other day, great movie.

Also, Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless mind... that movie is quite possible one of the finest things to have ever come out of hollywood ever.

Default how about

anyone seen flight plan

I enjoyed Greenstreet.

Shrek!! one or two, or both!!
    The Big Lebowsky, directed by the Cohen brothers, I find most of their films pretty good.
    Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, love that film.
    From Hell, with Johnny Depp in it. mmm. (some bloody bits in it)
    American Psycho is pretty good too, if you don't mind a wee bit o gore.
    it's a sair fecht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast