Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Councillors ill fated gamble cuts off the disabled

Default Councillors ill fated gamble cuts off the disabled

We now hear that the Council will hand over the £20million plus gamble on that ill fated CHaP project by local councillors to a PRIVATE company .The Council are so flushed with cash they will do anything to rid themselves off the burden of the 260 wick folk that are now being sold down the river .Its just a pity that the councillors involved didn't have the respect for the folk of Wick and resign .Just think if they hadn't wasted all that money on a cover project just to get re-elected, maybe the cuts in public services to the disabled would be greatly reduced.
    The Council were asked if they would hand the project over to a local charity to run ,but that got a swift rebuff.

Angry Ask Cooncellor Smith

Smith is very quiet now after all his bluster when it all went !!!! up

How all the ones like him keep getying away with wasting tax payers money on something they are not 'expert' in baffles me. I suppose its the folks fault who vote them in - people should have more sense.

He was also the one who scuppered Asda going to Thurso - they all have big mouths & deep pockets it seems!!

Wick gets the councillor it deserves.....; it's called democracy,.
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

Default I thought i would lighten the script before it gets nasty.

Rumour has it that it was so cold today in Wick today that a councilor was seen with their hands in their own pockets
    Oedipus was the first man to plug the generation gap

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    Rumour has it that it was so cold today in Wick today that a councilor was seen with their hands in their own pockets
    That rumour would fit several of them like a Glove,

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Quote Originally Posted by fingalmacool View Post
    I'd quite like to use that quote (modified for our situation)
    Would you grant me use of your copyright?
    NEW ZEALAND

First to see the light