Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: weather .....

Default weather .....

Looking the same, we'll be waking up to snow and blizzards and frozen roads and black ice on thursday!

We can expect blizzard conditions on thursday with fairly consistent snowfall that may be heavy at times!

Beware the sudden drop in temperature during the early hours of thursday and expect black ice even on treated roads!

Winds gusting around 45mph maybe a little higher from the north so feeling extremely cold - the wind chill possibly being as low as -15c

Wrap up warm and stay safe folks.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Thank you Tuggs !!!!

You're always spot on with your weather reports and now me and my OH always have a look at what your predictions are, cos you're always right!!

We're lucky enough not to have to travel, but we always advise family on the heads of your forecasts....... much appreciated !!!!
    I'm the kind of woman whose feet hit the floor each morning, and the Devil says........... " Oh, Blast She's Up !! "

Thank you, Tuggs! Looking at that, I think my Christmas break is going to start a week earlier than planned - shame to lose a week of sales, but I've already got 45 "Where's my stuff?" emails from last Monday's orders, my inbox will probably give up the ghost if I try and post out after Wednesday!

Thats quite a short and sweet forecast Tuggs.
    Not seen anything like this for a while.
    Great work as ever.
    Away with the birds

Thanks for update ! Would be grateful for a weather prediction for Fri and Sat? I have to go Down South on Wed returning to Caithness on Sat late afternoon /early evening. Will Caithness be snowbound by Sat ? !!

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Great work as ever.
    Time for wellies and a thick red coverall me thinks

Please Tugs, is it too early to tell us what Saturday will be like?
    I am preparing to spend the night on the M8 but it would be lovely if you tell me that I wont be doing!!!..(Thats if I make it to the M8 of course).

C3.....

Quote Originally Posted by adi1 View Post
    Time for wellies and a thick red coverall me thinks
    Or even better......... a day off!!!
    You got me guessing..........................
    Away with the birds

Guess that delivery that was supposed to be coming on thursday won't be happening
    Electronics, Sales, Spares & Repairs * TV * AUDIO * PC & LAPTOP * GAMES CONSOLES * IN CAR ENTERTAINMENT * DOMESTIC APPLIANCES * WEEE DISPOSAL *www.facebook.com/Vistravi.Tech * www.vistravi.com *

What you need in severe weather conditions is a Ray Mears Jacket superb they are.
    Other good jackets are also available

Quote Originally Posted by dousslesh View Post
    Thanks for update ! Would be grateful for a weather prediction for Fri and Sat? I have to go Down South on Wed returning to Caithness on Sat late afternoon /early evening. Will Caithness be snowbound by Sat ? !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrie 3 View Post
    Please Tugs, is it too early to tell us what Saturday will be like?
    I am preparing to spend the night on the M8 but it would be lovely if you tell me that I wont be doing!!!..(Thats if I make it to the M8 of course).

C3.....
    OK you two
    friday the whole country will be getting snow to varying degrees (as in UK not just scotland) and saturday the worst affected area will east and north yorkshire by the look of things.
    soooo how far south is south dousslesh?
    corrie i would hope that the numpties in power wont let the M8 snarl up again!

Quote Originally Posted by kas View Post
    Great work as ever.
    lol kas, short sweet but to the point i hope! and i hope people can see the risks of what is coming
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Thanks for info. Really helpful
    Plan to fly from Inverness to Gatwick on Wed to spend a few hours with my nephew visiting from Oz ( He was going to spend a few days with us - but the weather last week put paid to that !) and then Hull on Friday -sadly for a family funeral. Hope to be home Sat early evening.
    Our son is due to fly into Wick from Germany on Christmas Eve .... hope the weather improves by then !