Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Weather update 12th december

Default Weather update 12th december

Jumped forward again, cold enough for snow from between midnight wednesday and 6am thursday and yes it's looking like a severe dumping coming!

www.tugmistress.co.uk

OOO !! Dig those Isobars

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Thank you, ok now its ready steady stock up lol x

Looks like I will be sleeping on the M8 on Saturday night then, or perhaps it will be all gone by then, or again, perhaps not !!
    I will be looking for the new "Snow Minister" to save me or I will demand his resignation!!

C3...

Will I be able to get out to play on friday
    And home again.
    Its my only night out!....
    Other than kids parties........

do you think it will be as bad as last time as have to go down the road on the monday xxxx

I would imagine you can get out to play on friday dadie, just wrap up warm lol and no high heels don't mix with snow and alcohol lol
    purplelady, that will depend on how well the gritters keep on top of it over the weekend i'm afraid, but it's looking like quite a few showers if not a constant 'drizzle' of snow to begin with.
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

Bloomin hope it doesn't stop my mum flying into Wick next monday.
    Haven't seen her in a year and a half and a recent health scare has made me realise just how far away she is.

So the ruddy snow had better just bog off!
    Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.

http://thetenaciousgardener.blogspot.co.uk/

Me and high heels dont go together anymore
    I cant walk in them and my legs and feet ache all the next day.
    Plus getting a piggy back round the road from hubby is not the most dignified end to a night out
    But they look good............
    Och well I will take my Grannys advice and wear my simmit!
    (well thats what she would have called my dress and she would want to know what proper clothes I would be wearing on top of it)

just watched todays forecast which is saying snow wed/ thurs like you have said!
    although it doesn't look as bad as we had the other week, just a day or two then gone.
    is this right?
    my oh is outside doing a snow dance hoping he won't be able to go offshore on monday! lol
    whats his chances to you think tuggs?!
    are we in for a horrendous snow fall?! lol
    Everyone is a genius,
    but if you judge a fish
    on its ability to climb a tree,
    it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.....

What will make it worse is the wind that's coming with it, and yes i think we could be in for quite a fall on thursday/friday and going to light showers on saturday.
    the hard thing is there is going to be such a drop in temperature (up to 10 degrees) literally in 12 hours or less that it's hard to know how much to expect, it could produce more than forecast!
    thankfully the wind eases off on friday but thursday is not going to be nice at all

i think the 'cold enough for snow' air above us will hang around for a week or so from what i can see, so it all depends on how much it fancies dumping on us over time again lol
    www.tugmistress.co.uk

It's worth bearing in mind that there's likely to be light rain on Wednesday evening before it turns to snow in the early hours of Thursday, this tends to make it difficult to treat roads in advance of the snow so please be extra careful on Thursday morning.

Ken yin hoosie on the top o' Spittal Hill,weel it's nae there

Fit a fuss aboot a puckle snaw.

We are meant to get it real bad on Thursday and Friday over here on the west. Looking forward to it
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!