Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off with their heads!

Default Off with their heads!

What doth our Caithness.org people think of Charles and his Honey getting a wee scare? Other than you will be paying more for their protection.....
    Oh I forgot...They say he should have been in his 'Bullet Proof Bentley!

Honestly.... more important things in like to think about.. what will i wear for my night out

Quote Originally Posted by sandyr1 View Post
    What doth our Caithness.org people think of Charles and his Honey getting a wee scare? Other than you will be paying more for their protection.....
    Sandy, you ex-pat colonians have no respect, your as bad as those hooligans that hijacked the students demo.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Well for any 'students' thinking about doing something similar, someone, somewhere made a decision and passed an order not to shoot. The default setting would be to kill anyone approaching the car at such a time.

They are very lucky there were not 1/2 a dozen dead and 20 odd wounded. Special branch do not .... about

There's nothing like the media for making a drama out of a crisis,
    'We are more alike, my friends, than we are unalike.'
    Maya Angelou

The Thatcher years all over again, God help us all!!!!

C3....

Quote Originally Posted by golach View Post
    Sandy, you ex-pat colonians have no respect, your as bad as those hooligans that hijacked the students demo.
    Now Mr. G....Are you for the Monarchy? Well I am to a point, but the costs, when everyone else is hurting so badly, seems to be dis- proportionate.
    Do I sense a funny part of this....Like you meant the 'Met" hijacked the demo? I just thought it was all too funny.....
    Many years ago I had 'contact' with the some members of the R....Family....caused me grief!
    Of course the Media makes waves over nothing...It's the way we live.

You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused.

Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?

If football hooligans had behaved like that there would have been baton charges and tear gas used.

Protesters? Rubbish. They were hooligans, anarchists and simple troublemakers. I hope the courts punish them harshly.

I'm sure, if prompted, most students would choose the monarchy to a country run by hooligens with an agenda.
    The students have a good case and itll be a shame if they allow violence to scupper their gripe.
    As for the royals. It was a slack piece of protection.

They have enough footage of the thugs, they need to do the same as they did with the football hooligans in Manchester, round them up and prosecute, even if it takes them months.

I feel sorry for the genuine, non violent students.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Quote Originally Posted by John Little View Post
    You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused. Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?
    I do not condone the incident last night, honestly, it is a shame that a nice car got damaged but let’s put things into perspective.
    (1) There are hundreds, if not thousands of crimes committed in London every day, but do any of them get this type of media overkill together with the Met. Chief of Police insisting that ”.there would be a full criminal inquiry into the incident.."
    No, your average London crime victim will not even see a policeman for days.
    Even Cameron got in on the act saying that "..they must face the full force of the law.."
    You can guarantee that if the person who threw paint gets caught that he/she will face a stiff custodial sentence, whilst in the next cell there will be a murderer/rapist etc facing a paltry minimum term of imprisonment

(2) Who in their right mind allowed Charlie Windsor and his moll to venture anywhere near the scenes of protest? I am sure that every driver in London last night, bar one, knew that there was a demonstration taking place.

(3) Should the police not be investigating who stole the number plates of this car?
    It is my understanding that the only person allowed to drive/be driven in the UK without number plates is Betty Windsor. Where was she, locked away in the boot?
    Michael Stone is innocent.
    Convicted without any forensic evidence and failed to be picked at any ID parade
    So who did kill Lin & Megan Russell
    http://www.michaelstone.co.uk/

You sound almost as if you approve of a couple in late middle age, on their way to the theatre being accosted by a bunch of yobboes? And their car damaged and they abused.

Or as if you you find it funny.

Do you?
    I don't condone damage or any criminal act! I thought it was ....perhaps.... apropos.....
    Off with therir heads..........Wasn't that something people used to say in the UK, and some Nobility did have their noggin removed.......
    Perhaps Anfield has a point tho'.
    My post was to provoke some comments on what people now think of the Royals.....and the huge Crisis over having some paint thrown at them.
    Are you a Worshiper?

I do not think law breaking is 'apropos' of anything but law breaking. You say you do not condone it yet seem to do exactly that because of who they are.

Anfield simply has no empathy.

Charles and Camilla are as entitled as anyone to go about their business without this sort of thing happening. It does not matter who they are.

Charles and Camilla are as entitled as anyone to go about their business without this sort of thing happening. It does not matter who they are.
    Well said John!
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

I do not think law breaking is 'apropos' of anything but law breaking. You say you do not condone it yet seem to do exactly that because of who they are.

Anfield simply has no empathy.

Calm down there woman! I used apropos....now please digest this, like roll it around in your head a wee bit before you pop a vessel!
    Apropos means 'pertinent' among other things, and I used it in the context of the Students, bad as they were, shouting to the Royals....Off with their heads!...Some of the Royals had their heads CUT OFF over the years.
    And reading your previous post, and I did not mention it before, but you seem so upset, methinks you are stuttering!
    The comment about the Bentley....I didn't know they had an armoured Bentley.
    So there you are/ I am neither for them or against them!
    And I do think that Anfield has a point. Minor damage to a car and how many Police Officers were injured( remembering that 'The Police are the Public and the Public are the Police Quoted circa 1829) and how much damage was done. Lets be somewhat objective here.....
    Other comments would be appreciated.......Over 2 u.

Quote Originally Posted by bekisman View Post
    Well said John!
    Perhaps you should read what I said! It is enlightening!

Since you call me 'woman' which I do assure you you would not do to my face, I assume that you take it to be some sort of abuse or joke.

I like women and I do not regard men who use 'woman' as abuse or joke as being pleasant people.

In fact the opposite.

<snip>
    My post was to provoke some comments on what people now think of the Royals.....and the huge Crisis over having some paint thrown at them. <snip>
    There was a recent thread about the engagement of Prince William which revealed what some people think of the Royals. Here's the link:-
    http://forum.caithness.org/showthrea...yal+engagement

Despite the "huge Crisis" as you call it, today was a normal working day for me. IMHO the thugs responsible for last night's attack on the vehicle carrying Charles & Camilla should be caught and brought to justice. I'd say the same if it had been a vehicle carrying you, me or Postman Pat.

Before you ask, I am not a Royalist nor am I anti-Royal.

I'm guessing that the "Royal Security Squad" are coming under fire. I've not caught up with all the news reports today so please excuse the following if you've already read it.

Supposing, just supposing, Camilla was feeling a bit bored last night after she'd served up the mince & tatties.....
    Nothing much on the telly, snowed in for a week, worrying about finding the perfect Christmas gift for her future daughter-in-law.....
    Charles agrees that a night out at the theatre would be "spiffing"....

They encounter a problem. Their customised RoyalMobile has been stuck on the M (whatever) complete with security staff since the first flake of snow fell. They decide to take a chance......

The rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Anfield View Post
    . Who in their right mind allowed Charlie Windsor and his moll to venture anywhere near the scenes of protest? I am sure that every driver in London last night, bar one, knew that there was a demonstration taking place.
    The chauffeur's brothers not a South African taxi driver is he?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast