Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pets at home

Default pets at home

went in the other day to pets at home in wick
    being an owner of a lepord gecko i asked for live feed the girl said "not got any lorry never got up"
    "i said u mean to say my lizard is going to die "
    she shrugged her shoulders and said "dunno"
    is it just me or at this time of year should they have extra supplys in just incase lorrys cant get up ?
    LIL BIT CRAZY

I'm sorry to say, but this works both ways, should you not have stocked up yourself at this time of year?
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

The supplies everywhere can be hit and miss. They don't transport well in this weather and most places only sell blacks (not browns and locusts). Could you not try the lizard with dried mealworms from PAH in the meantime - might not work but worth a try? If it doesn't work I'm sure the wild birds would appreciate them

Edit - they don't buy too many of them as they don't survive for long enough. I'm figuring they keep them in the dry boxes with just cereal? To keep them alive for longer than 7-10 days you need to feed them and give them water - speaking from experience this is a bit on the messy side..
    Last edited by Leanne; 09-Dec-10 at 21:48.
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Crickets stink, try starting your own dubai colony, then you will always have live food at hand.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Well, my tyre socks (snow-shoes for cars) finally got here after being held up by snow.. now it's all gone, got to wait til it snows again
    "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped."

At least she said "dunno" and not...... "Whadever" !!

C3...

Quote Originally Posted by whateva View Post
    went in the other day to pets at home in wick
    being an owner of a lepord gecko i asked for live feed the girl said "not got any lorry never got up"
    "i said u mean to say my lizard is going to die "
    she shrugged her shoulders and said "dunno"
    is it just me or at this time of year should they have extra supplys in just incase lorrys cant get up ?

You're responsible for the welfare of your animal - not the shop.

Would you blame the petrol station for running out of fuel?

Haha... this thread is stupid.

You're pretty much trying to blame the girl in the shop when it was your own lack of foresight that has caused the problem.

A big Homer Simpson style "D'oh" goes in your direction!

Can't believe what im reading

Stock up and keep your "food" like pets with food and water etc..
    If you treat them right you wont run out.
    I panic if I dont have at least a weeks worth of food in the house for any of my pets at the minimum.

Could you catch moths and daddy long legs? I've got a few you could have lol
    ¡ǝʇǝןdɯoɔ sı ǝɟıן ʎɯ - buızɐɹb sǝsɹoɥ ʎɯ sı ooן ʎɯ ɯoɹɟ ʍǝıʌ ǝɥʇ

Slightly ironic you are blaming those 'idiots' for not stocking up on Gecko food for the winter.
    Everyday above ground is a good day

There are still a few flies about - open ur door at night and turn all ur lights on - you'll be able to catch a few to keep you going!
    Nothing worse than being caught short in weather like we've had - Im sure they'll have a delivery soon what with the "big thaw!"
    Good luck!

Default Whateva

I felt a bit sorry for whateva the way you all jumped at her, although I do agree that fore thought is a wonderful thing and her attitude was a bit off.

Running a Boarding Kennels I spend a lot of money at Pets at Home and I have found the management and staff to be extremely helpful. If I need something special, they order it for me. I don't however expect to get exactly what I want everytime I go in.

I have just received an e-mail from Pets at Home to let me know that their delivery' are running 3-5 days late.

My bigest problem at POH is when I am strugling with with all purchases to the van nobody gives me a hand and I am getting old you know.

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I'm sorry to say, but this works both ways, should you not have stocked up yourself at this time of year?
    This! I ran out of cat litter yesterday, thought I had more than I did, but couldn't leave the trays. Had to do a bit of travelling as none of the near shops had any! Just the sacrifice's that have to be made with animal care.
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

Oh!
    I usually get asked if I need a hand out to the car with all my purchases.
    I usuallly say yes please.
    I usually buy a big bale of sawdust, hay and straw as well as a big bag of rabbit food on a big shop...or if getting cat food for my cat and a near neighbours its just 2-3 boxes of 48 sachets I still get asked!
    I panic buy/stock up in this weather on animal food and essentials so I dont have to go to town.
    Live food can be kept alive with some care..and if you keep them in the right conditions you may not have to buy any more as they reproduce.
    Im sure there must be a section in the gecko handbook that states how to care for their food!
    In this weather you will have to do the stocking up yourself because if the lorries dont come up you will still have food!
    Please dont say the shops are running low on cat litter I only have 1 bag left after I gave my neighbour a bag as I had just come back from Wick when he remembered he needed some!
    Last edited by Dadie; 10-Dec-10 at 15:26.

Quote Originally Posted by Dadie View Post
    Please dont say the shops are running low on cat litter I only have 1 bag left after I gave my neighbour a bag as I had just come back from Wick when he remembered he needed some!
    Well that was over here in Sutherland, you will probably be OK
    ~Sarah~
    Owner of 2 greyhounds, 1 Lurcher puppy, 2 cats, 3 rabbits, 3 guinea pig's and a hamster!

I bought 3 bags..used one..gave one away...only one left!
    Thats my usual time to buy another!
    Last year I used a few bags of kitty litter on the path for grip
    Along with some salt!

Default ...

well i did stock up but having three gekos all needing fed is a problem
    LIL BIT CRAZY

Quote Originally Posted by whateva View Post
    well i did stock up but having three gekos all needing fed is a problem
    will they eat worms????? you can gat them on your lawn at night with a torch ,or by them on line, 1-2 day delivery

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast