Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: what engine?

Default what engine?

trying to find out what make of engine is in my 1990 talbot express 2.5 diesel. can't see anything on it that tells me...anyone got any tips on how to find out?

Hello and welcome to the .org!

Does this help:

Taken from a site that does seem to focus on petrol engines but does refer to diesels.

http://www.jktowers.fsnet.co.uk/moto...sTechnical.htm

Quote Originally Posted by trixie View Post
    trying to find out what make of engine is in my 1990 talbot express 2.5 diesel. can't see anything on it that tells me...anyone got any tips on how to find out?
    would expect it to be of Peugeot, Citroen or Fiat origin (all produced basically the same vehicle) but imagine there is an owners site on the web and they are usually delighted to help other owners.

yes its Peugeot,same engine it the Citroen c25 van

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Hello and welcome to the .org!

Does this help:

Taken from a site that does seem to focus on petrol engines but does refer to diesels.

http://www.jktowers.fsnet.co.uk/moto...sTechnical.htm

thank you for the welcome, and the link. going by this then "The Diesel engines are not generally considered as robust as the petrol versions. The Petrol engines came straight out of Peugeot 505s but the diesels were apparently a converted petrol type from Citroen without significant modification. Replacement parts for the Diesels can also be very expensive." it implies citroen... hmm...

Quote Originally Posted by togglover View Post
    yes its Peugeot,same engine it the Citroen c25 van
    thank you very much