Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Terrorist Attacks

Default Terrorist Attacks

Looks like another try and its coming from Young British Asian Men!!!

This is a disgrace coming from the UK of all places.

6 planes were going to be involved from UK to America and were going to be blown up in midflight to make alot of destruction.

The bombs would have been of liquid form.

You would have been talking alot of deaths and injuries.

Thank goodness for our police force and Scotland Yard.
    They arrested around 20 people so far but still looking for 2 more.

All flights have been cancelled to and from UK Airports.

Check out the latest on the TV.
    Last edited by Moonboots; 10-Aug-06 at 10:19.

It was certainly for real -

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14278216/

"A family tree can wither if nobody tends it's roots"

Quote Originally Posted by Moonboots
    Looks like another try and its coming from British Muslins!!!
    Moonboots, as far as I can see there is no mention of British Muslins in the reports I have watched or read, so maybe you are jumping the gun a bit early, you are probably correct, but no need to start blaming Muslims just yet.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4778575.stm
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Sorry but I am going by what ITV News said earlier. Maybe it isnt and maybe it is but Im only repeating to what i heard...

Just now Sky has said it to have been of Young British Muslims.

They also said this is just the beginning. Police also knew about this for some time and only acted last night after something came up.
    Last edited by Moonboots; 10-Aug-06 at 10:02.

Just now Sky has said it to have been of Young British Muslims.

They also said this is just the beginning. Police also knew about this for some time and only acted last night after something came up.
    I cannot find the word Muslim in this report, but maybe I am being pedantic
    http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/...230417,00.html

I am sorry but its maybe not updated yet. have you not got TV. Check Sky News and you will see

I have noticed on the report from skynews.com they are now saying its Young Asian Men.

We wont honestly know until the next few hours or maybe tomorrow
    Last edited by Moonboots; 10-Aug-06 at 10:10.

I am sorry but its maybe not updated yet. have you not got TV. Check Sky News and you will see

I have noticed on the report from skynews.com they are now saying its Young Asian Men.

We wont honestly know until the next few hours or maybe tomorrow
    No offence its just me being me, I do apologise

Quote Originally Posted by golach
    No offence its just me being me, I do apologise
    No need to apologise.... I am just informing people on here which I have heard on TV. I wouldnt make it up or make any speculation on who the terrorists are but as i said in the previous post we wont know everything until later.

Ive updated the first posting to reflect this

What I do know is that they arrested them in London, Thames Valley and Birmingham. Most were arrested in London though.
    Last edited by Moonboots; 10-Aug-06 at 10:19.

i watched gmtv this morning and the screem reports was saying it was the british muslim that the mi5 and the police have arrested in the early hours of this morning .

It's OK - by the time fred gets here they'll be agents of the American government.

Why is it always planes they go for?

Quote Originally Posted by pultneytooner
    Why is it always planes they go for?

For maximum news coverage and disruption?

Quote Originally Posted by j4bberw0ck
    It's OK - by the time fred gets here they'll be agents of the American government.
    Blazing Sporrans
    "Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail...." Ralph Waldo Emerson

I am disgusted by this. Can you imagine the amount of people that would've been effected if 10 flights from the UK to the US had been blown out of the sky?! To think the terrorists were born in this Country!! I don't know what the answer but I can think of a few things....................................

Whatever the final report we mustn't lose sight that these are extremists. What is really sad is that those involved at the front end are idiots who have been influenced by people who are still free. There are extremists in all social groups - we have our own who join organisations like BNP.

I feel most sorry for those Muslims and others who will be affected by this - there may even be a severe lash-back by our own extremists. However, I do think that the British public is too complacent about extremism in this country, turning a bliind eye within each community until the issue becomes a major problem. Much better if all cultures openly report their suspicions to the authorities. If nothing is found there is no harm done, and the message is out that society will no longer stand for any nonsense.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

unicorn Guest

Excellent post ricco I totally agree, thats pretty much what I wanted to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco
    Whatever the final report we mustn't lose sight that these are extremists. What is really sad is that those involved at the front end are idiots who have been influenced by people who are still free. There are extremists in all social groups - we have our own who join organisations like BNP.

The lack of any stout action by the leaders of the Islamic faith decrying these people as not being true Muslims is worrying. They must drive the extremists from Islam just as we must drive the white power thugs from our society.

Only difference is the BNP do not try to bomb planes....

Quote Originally Posted by MadPict
    The lack of any stout action by the leaders of the Islamic faith decrying these people as not being true Muslims is worrying. They must drive the extremists from Islam just as we must drive the white power thugs from our society.

Only difference is the BNP do not try to bomb planes....
    So true, thank goodness.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast