Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Three words that took my breath away....

Default Three words that took my breath away....

Its my colour......................

Surely its a persons heart and kindness that they should be judged on

I never thought my husband would say these three words, but alas today he has.

What can I say some talk the talk but do they realise they dont walk the walk at times.

The type of person that would make your husband say those 3 words is not the type of person he needs in his life.

I hope he is in a position to be able to not have them in his life and that he accepts that not all think alike.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I think it is disgusting that your husband should be made to feel that way!!!

It's what kind of person someone is that matters not the flipping colour of their skin!!

I hope he realises that idiots like these are in the minority.

Whoever made him feel that way should be saying three little words and these are "I am sorry".
    Last edited by Liz; 28-Oct-10 at 19:18.

There are sadly people in this world who are only happy when making others sad, it makes them feel important in their sad little lives.
    @,'---.................................................. ---',@
    ~*~Believe In The Magic Of Your Dreams~*~
    ---',@................................................. . @',---

Three words to describe the person who make your husband feel this way, Alice: 'ignorant and prejudiced'.

I hope he'll be able to see that's the truth of the matter and can find it in his heart to feel only pity for anyone who is so small minded and lacking in humanity. He doesn't need their approval!

As in all things its the minority few who can do the damage.

What's exactly happened here?

Quote Originally Posted by *Martin* View Post
    What's exactly happened here?
    I am thinking the same,

I don't think knowing all the ins and outs is required.

Its about how someone was left feeling, and I think we can all work that one out by what has been said already.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

This went over my head too.

11. Default

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    I don't think knowing all the ins and outs is required.

Its about how someone was left feeling, and I think we can all work that one out by what has been said already.
    Well obviously some people cant or they wouldnt be asking.

It's a women thing. Best for us males to keep out, It can get very confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice in Blunderland View Post

What can I say some talk the talk but do they realise they dont walk the walk at times.
    I feel for you and your hubby and know what it is like to hear and see the effects of those words......rise above, walk tall, while scraping the .... from the soles of your shoes.

So, what exactly are you saying? Your husband doesnt like the colour of your skin or what? Im a bit confused by the post as well.

Default What?

I find this surprising, because I know you both and can see what you stand for, however, if there is someone that has a beef with you it's a probability that they may use whatever angle possible to get the upper hand.

Everyone that knows you both will be mortified if they feel you are getting the rough end of a rhubarb and sympathies with you.

Don't let the balustrade's get you down, you are surrounded by real friends.
    A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazeye View Post
    So, what exactly are you saying? Your husband doesnt like the colour of your skin or what? Im a bit confused by the post as well.
    Nail polish maybe?

"It's my colour..." - the first three words of Alice's primary post says it all..... sadly, someone hurt or offended yet again.

In today's multi-cultural society there are still many truly ignorant people who have no understanding of people who are "different" from themselves whether is be creed, colour or language or even the place where they were born.

We have a long way to go yet but I fear ignorance will always be prevalent in many people who do not wish to grow.

In Shylock's words "if you hurt us, do we not bleed?"
    Last edited by Torvaig; 28-Oct-10 at 23:46.

As in all things its the minority few who can do the damage.
    Only if you let them Alice. Rise above, my friend, you're both far too good to waste your time giving this a passing thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira View Post
    Only if you let them Alice. Rise above, my friend, you're both far too good to waste your time giving this a passing thought.
    Hear Hear Moira
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

Yeah they're just trying to get the angle.
    with a different skin colour, a different religion, the other gender, against disabled people, against people with dogs, against people without dogs, against smokers, non-smokers and...
    for being Justin Beiber apparently.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast