Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Quality avatars

Default Quality avatars

How do, Sporran.

Hope you don't mind me askin'. How do you get the lovely quality avatars that you use? I have several images but when I resize them and reduce the pixel quality they end up useless.

Ricco

PS - I couldn't PM you 'cos ur full.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Hi Ricco,

I type "free avatars" in a Google search, and check out the sites that come up. There are quite a number available, and the avatars are already sized to 100 x 100 or less. After I find an avatar I like, I save it to my computer, as instructed. My current avatar was originally 88 x 100, but after I uploaded it here, it automatically reduced in size to 70 x 80. Still turned out nice though!

Cheers,

Sporran

Quote Originally Posted by Sporran
    Hi Ricco,

I type "free avatars" in a Google search, and check out the sites that come up. There are quite a number available, and the avatars are already sized to 100 x 100 or less. After I find an avatar I like, I save it to my computer, as instructed. My current avatar was originally 88 x 100, but after I uploaded it here, it automatically reduced in size to 70 x 80. Still turned out nice though!

Cheers,

Sporran
    It looks terrific. I have been playing around with an image in Photoshop and I think the result is quite acceptable. I'll try another couple until I get a good technique and then post the process.

Cheers,

Ricco
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."

Over the pond, but not quite over the hill yet

Quote Originally Posted by Ricco

It looks terrific. I have been playing around with an image in Photoshop and I think the result is quite acceptable. I'll try another couple until I get a good technique and then post the process.

Cheers,

Ricco
    Thanks, Ricco. I like your cool new avatar too!

Regards,

Sporran
    I am living for today, always remembering yesterday, and looking forward to tomorrow!