Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  

Thread: Newly signed up;

Wink Newly signed up;

HI ALL

I just found your site today while browsing as I am trying to help my daughter-in-law find her Caithness ancestors,she has her granmother's birth/cert so it's a start and I have posted on the site some of the info
    we have.

I am looking forward to hearing from other members, we live here in Ontario,Canada, and I am not familiar with Caithness area having no ancestors from there.

Kind regards;

Janey;

Welcome janeytgee. There are a handful of Ontario Canadians on caithness.org. They are a great bunch and keep me sane with snippets of home when I am feeling so very far away from everything red and white.

Caithness is a wonderful area, the people are gems and the website is a great place to find information. The chatter on the forum is unique.

I hope things prove to be successful in your hunt for ancestral information.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

Welcome - from Nova Scotia.

It might be worth while paying to go on ancestry.ca for a month or two - they have a large database - but maybe its their TV advertising is just getting to me.

I've also heard that the software "My Brothers Keeper" is good.

Welcome, Janey. It might also be useful for her to register with Ancestry.co.uk if she had relatives over here. It is the leading UK site.
    "Step sideways, pause and study those around you. You will learn a great deal."