Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Paying too much for broadband? Move to PlusNet broadband and save£££s. Free setup now available - terms apply. PlusNet broadband.  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sore throat

Default Sore throat

My throat is really sore, has anyone got any quick fixes or even just ideas to sooth it a bitty, thanks in advance.
    Changi.

Not looking for medical intervention, just some old fashioned ideas
    Last edited by changilass; 27-Sep-10 at 23:01. Reason: to clarify
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Gargle with Old Pulteney - but don't spit it out!

Gargle with a salt solution or with soluble asprin, then a beeg hot sweet toddie , and off to a warm bed.
    Once the original Grumpy Owld Man but alas no more

That would be fine for hubby, George but I feel sick just at the smell of the stuff.

Having said that if it gets much worse I may take the risk, just think being sick would make my throat even worse.

Thanks for the advice though.
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing. But they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I do not know if you have a car, but if you do you could drive through to Tesco in Wick for they are open till Midnight. There you would be able to buy something to sooth a sore throat.

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allen Poe

warm whiskey with hot lemon and honey with a couple of paracetamol to wash it all down.......

Will try the salt Gol as I don't have owt soluble in the house, but vaguely remember that working once afore.

Thanks

Do you have any tea tree oil? If so put a few drops in water and gargle with this.

I swear by Colloidal Silver and always spray it into my throat at the first sign of an infection.

Golach's suggestions of salt or soluble aspirin is good as well.

Never heard of that one Liz where do you get the colloidal silver from?

Only thing tea tree in the house is shampoo and don't think gargling with that would help lol, but will certainly see about that one.

Thanks

Thanks Dadie but cannae stand the stuff.

sod the whiskey and just do the honey and lemon..honey soothes and the lemon gives much needed vit c

Changi try this, it may not help, but you would feel good after.

http://www.channel4.com/food/recipes...11-02_p_1.html

That sounds yummy, but 5 hours????

Dadie the only bit I like is the lemon lol, can I add it to syrup instead of honey and add voddie or have I just wrecked the whole recipe lol

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    That sounds yummy, but 5 hours????
    Drat never noticed that

try and see if nothing else you have taken in liquids!

Try this one Changilass. The title says it all

http://www.food.com/recipe/uncle-bil...m-toddy-269369

Quote Originally Posted by changilass View Post
    Never heard of that one Liz where do you get the colloidal silver from?

Only thing tea tree in the house is shampoo and don't think gargling with that would help lol, but will certainly see about that one.

Thanks
    Ha ha, no I don't think Tea Tree shampoo would be a good idea unless you have dandruff in your throat!

I get my Colloidal Silver from www.ripley-wrinkles.com I actually buy the largest size as it is more economical and I use it every day. You can even spray it on plants.
    If you can get someone to collect it I could give you some to try?

please use the honey..and the painkillers..everything else can be mixed and matched...honey is v.soothing...vit c no matter hgow you get it boosts your immuity..painkillers do whats on the packet!
    Alcohol...
    is an antiseptic...or sedative...or whatever ..depending how much is used..

Honey and lemon is good, but a warm saltwater gargle is better. I had sore throat Friday, gargled and sore throat gone by Saturday, and sniffles almost gone today.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast